Finding A Font

chunkielad

Cool, i tryed gibson with no luck tho.

Gibson font is not a commercial font.. neither is Fender font. Those logotypes designed only for the brand. But if you need a specific logo (like Gibson or Fender), try this URL. It's a logotype database for all known brands in the world.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

They are all in EPS or AI format. But you will need a vector based drawing program like Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand(only for MAC) to open these EPS files.

You can also open them in a pixel based program like Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia Fireworks.. but pixel based programs are not really effective when working with logos, signs or type. You cannot easily customize it for your special purpose and printing is not fast and easy. But if you don't have a vector based program, make sure opening it with a huge resolution like 300dpi, so it will print nicely.

Thanks so much for that link chunkie, you're a real asset to this board.

I had been looking for a NASA or JPL (Jet Propultion Labratories) font for the guitar I've been (endlessly) building for a friend in the aerospace industry. You just saved me a lot of work.

I had been looking for a NASA or JPL (Jet Propultion Labratories) font for the guitar I've been (endlessly) building for a friend in the aerospace industry. You just saved me a lot of work.

Glad to be of service !- an assett to the board eh? :D i usually get told to bog off on most boards! :D

I have the NASA font. You can download its truetype version from

www.1001fonts.com

The font name is "Nasalization"

I had a NASA type font that got lost in one of the great crashes but it was never quite right. I was able to make it work but I would have been much happier with a good JPL font. I haven't checked the new one out yet but confidence is high Houston.