Stageboard Design

helge

Hi, does anyone of you have a good idea how to design the stageboard better, then mine is right now?! its way to big, but i can't miss out on anything on there. the board on top are the controls for the 19" effects and the amp channel switch. btw, the cabinet is homebuild also. it has got mesa boogie dimensions but is marshall design. it has 2 chambers, to keep the sound clear and not get muddy in stereo use. the chamber, where i run the clean sounds through is 1/4 open. it sounds better then any other cabinet i've heard before. well, here's the picture. i'm thankful for any advice. thanks.

ddc3747f.jpg

hi, i used to have those, but i have showsize 12-13 and then when i'm on stage and its a little dark, i step on more than one pedal to easy. but thanks for the tip anyway. maybe i'll just have to make 2 boards. one for the effects i use the most and the other one for the other ones.

How do expect to have a smaller pedal board if you're unwilling to put the pedals closer together or get rid of some? That just doesn't make sense at all. The only way you could go(in that case) is up, and anything more than 2 tiers of effects would probably be unmanagable.

EDIT: Now that I think of it,you'd have no problem putting the pedals close together if they weren't designed like that. If all of your Boss pedals had buttons like the MXR, you'd be golden. A day late and a dollar short I suppose.

Edited by thegarehanman

Well this is a bit drastic, but it's what I'm going to do if I ever actually get around to building it.

I was going to build a metal cabinet that could sit under the head (when I get round to making that too). This would have all the butchered electronics of the pedals in and all the various knobs sticking out the front.

I was then going to run a multi core cable out of this to the floor (I was going to route it through the cabinet, which again I haven't got round to building) and have it going to a pedal board that only contained the stomp switches and could therefore be made much smaller.

hmm, that doesn't sound too bad, but its a lot of work, too. i wouldn't go fpr the multicore though. i used to have that for the 19" effects and once a cable broke and i could make out which one it is, and after i found out i could replace it in a couple of minutes. i would go for normal cables.

but i like the rest of the idea. that would be a really cool analog multi-effect.