I Could Use An Oppinion...

Ok, so. Im looking to buy an electric guitar...my first choice would be an SG....though theres not many I can afford. But, I was at the local music shop (where I prefer to buy from, considering they cover any problems the guitar might have for free), since a month or so ago my guitar teacher was using a Gibson SG that the store had in stock. (one, because it was used, and two he left his Ibanez in his studio) So anyway, it sold :D , but they did just get in an SG style guitar, an S101 for a buck-fifty, which looks alot like an Epi SG Special (which Ive heard bad things about :D ). Anybody have any experience with this S101? Good deal? Bad guitar? Any advice would be appreciated!

Reading S101's reviews on Harmony Central although there aren't alot there they seem to be of decent quality. However if you've been learning using a Gibson SG I would really recommend you look for something a little 'better'. Or atleast play the guitar a fair bit before you decide if it's right for you. The most important thing is that you like the way it sounds.