Guitar Of The Month For November

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize your general is, uh, British, right?

Hmmm, I did not know that Ozark, Arkansas was part of the British Empire.

It all was once Drak but quite rightly you kicked us out for trying to bleed you dry - as all Colonial powers did back then.

:D

Hmmm, I did not know that Ozark, Arkansas was part of the British Empire.

There's no such thing as the British empire anymore. We have britain, a nice little sunny bit (more or less) and a horrible drizzly bit (falklands).

And i cant remember who i voted for. but i think December's gonna be fun!

Cudbucket. You're being childish. I pointed out Phil's bass to prove that even though you may think you have a shot, you can still be suprised. I never said it didn't deserve it, but can you honestly say that it really deserved it more than any of the other entries? That's how it is most months. All of the entries are great, but opinion decides which will get the title. I don't need a GOTM win to assure me the quality of my work. Nice job of attacking someone who was only trying to offer consolation.

I don't think that he was "Nice job of attacking someone who was only trying to offer consolation.", I was about to post the same comment that he posted!!!

Your comment here

(thegarehanman @ Oct 28 2005, 02:51 PM)

I was really surpised when Phil beat me out for GOTM two months ago(maybe 3, i don't remember).

sounds exactly like what Cud posted! As if you were putting Phil's work down.

And everyone that post an instrument on the GOTM thinks that they might had a shot at winning, if not, what was the point of entering? I think that next time that you're "only trying to offer consolation". Re read your post before you "insult" somebodys work.

Cudbucket. You're being childish.

I disagree. I made a concise and articulate point. Most children can't do that.

I never said it didn't deserve it, but can you honestly say that it really deserved it more than any of the other entries?

Because, overall, it was better. I think the vote proved that the vast[/] majority agrees with me. I voted for Phil myself. Who'd you vote for?

All of the entries are great, but opinion decides which will get the title.

Don't try to back-peddle. Even I can say that not all of the entries are "great". And yes, opinion decides. That's why we call it a "vote".

I don't need a GOTM win to assure me the quality of my work.

You've got yourself for that. By the way, if this is true, why bother entering? I'll put my cards on the table and say that I entered, and will enter again, to guage the quality of my work against those that are both more and less skilled than I am. If you look back at that post, you'll see my guitar was one of the last in. That means I saw all the excellent guitars I was up against. And as my first, I wanted to see where I stacked up. Despite what you say, I think you did too.

Nice job of attacking someone who was only trying to offer consolation.

That is just a weak attempt at re-directing the focus of my original post. And for the record, if I'm "childish" why did you resort to name-calling? I haven't.

My Commander-In-Chief of the entire Southern Theatre of Pain Campaign.

That'd make him the only one here with an Army that doesn't shoot their own, drink too much / smooke too much pot to be able to fight properly, enter wars they shouldn't be in (Oh no we did that one actually! :D )or run away when it gets too tough! B) Ooops - WW III coming soon! :D

Oh an Cudbucket and thegarehanman - put your handbags away - it's a GOTM thread where we argue over the best fighting force in the world not some where for you to bicker! :D

Oh yeah - if you don't all watch out, I'll enter my Nico - 'Funky Melt' then you'll all be beaten to a pulp! B)

Edited by chunkielad

Perry, are you trying to tell me that you're not entering some sort of superstrat or "Jackson Custom Shop?!" Who do you think you are, a freelance custom guitar builder? :D > :D

yup, i entered three "superstrats" because thats what i built in the last batch... the next couple batches are totally different, but all simular :D Jan,Feb might be lean, cause i have NINE guitars all identical getting pumped out. Enter all nine?? B)

I'll put my cards on the table and say that I entered, and will enter again, to guage the quality of my work against those that are both more and less skilled than I am.  If you look back at that post, you'll see my guitar was one of the last in.  That means I saw all the excellent guitars I was up against.  And as my first, I wanted to see where I stacked up.  Despite what you say, I think you did too.

GOTM is a bad choice for you then. How a direct strat clone made from premade parts can vote higher than a full custom jobbie with 50-100 photos showing the progress, AND a sound sample to show off its capabilities, well never cease to amaze me... but thats just how it is!! :D

I voted for WOMD, even though he pretty far in front anyway.

No offence to the other guys, your guitars rocked and I would kill a small child to own one (or to posess the skills required to make one of such quality), but the WOMD is pretty crazy.

Edited by neocon58

Cud, Maiden,

Thanks for defending what you both saw as an attack on me but it really wasn't. I read that post and took no offense whatsoever.

Garehanman defended my bass pretty well on the september poll when he thought he saw it get insulted by Jeremy. I saw the original version of his edited post (the very last one on that thread) and I know that he wouldn't insult my bass. :D

I'll put my cards on the table and say that I entered, and will enter again, to guage the quality of my work against those that are both more and less skilled than I am.  If you look back at that post, you'll see my guitar was one of the last in.  That means I saw all the excellent guitars I was up against.  And as my first, I wanted to see where I stacked up.  Despite what you say, I think you did too.

GOTM is a bad choice for you then. How a direct strat clone made from premade parts can vote higher than a full custom jobbie with 50-100 photos showing the progress, AND a sound sample to show off its capabilities, well never cease to amaze me... but thats just how it is!! :D

True. I didn't know that before I entered. While it seemed that winners are usually good choices, I never paid much attention to how the rest stacked up against each other. But I don't know what you mean about the pre-made strat clone comment. I assume you're referring to my guitar as the "full custom jobbie with 50-100 photos" and I didn't get outvoted by a premade strat clone. Only you, Godin and the crucible outscored mine.

But point taken. GOTM isn't the "guage" I thought it was.

Cud, Maiden,

Thanks for defending what you both saw as an attack on me but it really wasn't. I read that post and took no offense whatsoever.

Phil, I didn't think he attacked you or your work. That would be flat out stupid. I just think his comments are conceited. There's enough of that going around here and I just pointed it out. I know I'm not alone in my opinion.

But that's enough of this.

Phil, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Dave

...but i'm broke right now. This ain't the cheapest hobby... cry.gif

No kidding. I'm saving up for a spray gun but it seems like it's gonna take -forever- before I have enough...

I agree GOTM isin't a gauge of the best guitar. It's a gauge of the majority of the peoples prefrences. My guitar got 12 votes in the september one. Thats enough to make me feel great. And to make me question the sanity of the voters. :D

you never know whos gonna win. You could have the most perfect guitar but somone not like it because it's got a flame maple top and looks "too good" (Don't laugh, I've heard it before...)

But I don't know what you mean about the pre-made strat clone comment. I assume you're referring to my guitar as the "full custom jobbie with 50-100 photos" and I didn't get outvoted by a premade strat clone. Only you, Godin and the crucible outscored mine.

I too don't know what he ment by the strat clone comment. Yours obviously wasn't a strat clone but I don't think stews was made from pre made parts was it? I thought it was a full custom build? And he diddn't score higher than you anyways so mabye he was talking about a diffrent GOTM?

Cripes. We prove once again that members of the project guitar forum can get way out of hand way quick!

:D

You guys are all nuts. I love the GOTM because to me, someone wouldn't enter if they weren't proud of their work and it didn't represent some of their best work.

I loved all the guitars this month, and I'm not one to nitpick on other people's guitars. Most folks are their own worst critics anyway.

I will admit to picking xlr8's guitar, because I love Les Pauls. Its the one I would pick up first in a guitar store.

They all look like great guitars. Someday, I hope to make a guitar even half as good as ANY of these.