Dual Fasel Mod & Paint

fronkpies

ive just finished modding my cry baby after 3 hours of burns and screams im finished. very very very happy with results.

i changed a few transistors and various components to get a more vocal sound and smoother sweep. also got rid of those ear splitting highs of the stock wahs.And converted to a true bypass.

anyway i was wondering if anybody knew any sites that have a guide or somehtign that tells you how to do the Dual Fasel mod were you switch between various inductors. AND how would you go about painting teh outside of your wah pedal eg. what paint to use ect... thanks..

i can help with paint. i painted mine a snow camo befor i got rid of it. anywho i would not use spay paint. this is what i used and it sicks cut it looks like a bad paint job no matter what.

i had the luxury of being in metals shop my last few years of school. a friend wanted me to paint his white. the teacher recomended that i strip the paint, then use a disk sander so get the surface smooth. after that i took it over to the sand blaster and srayed it with the beads. as far as paint we used a spray gun and after a few days later we got a really good outcome.

i know that most of us dont have a sandblaster so i guess u can skip that step and use a high grade primer. i think i left something out so if theres any details i left out just ask and ill problly remeber them.

If I were to employ two dual Fasel inductors in my own wah, I would put them both on a piece of perfboard and run wires from that to the existing PCB. Then I would add a switch that would select one or the other. It's fairly simple to do, it's more a matter of having adequate room inside the enclosure than being anything complicated. :D

stripping the wah is easy. i used a paint stripper bit the ones that look like scrub pads for dishes. and it came right off. a little bit of self etching primer and you are ready to rock.