Help!

Ok Im wanting to pull all the beat up old fake leather off me SUN Head but it's not being nice to me :D I tryed heat and nothing so I started to rip and tear at it

but my hand Are now raw and I only uncoverd unough to cut out A shape in the top :D

Do I need more heat, Maybe FIRE!!!!!!!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

I tryed that and nothing :D

FIRE IS LOOKING BETER AND BETER!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

OUCH Molten Fake leather is very hot!! but most of the Crap is gone now

Now I can start to shape the thing! :D

And to any one that may be woundering how I got it off, I have A torch B)

No not really I just used A heat gun

Do you have a v-groove bit? I'd chuck the v groove bit in a router table with a v shaped fence whose edge starts at the bottom of the v. Run each side of the head over the bit in one direction(progressively putting the already cut v-groove on the v shaped guide as to guide your next v-groove route) and then perpendicular to that previous direction. That'll make your amp look spikey, but very clean.

peace,

russ

...yes, I know I did an awefull job of explaining that.

way to wimp out on us

you had me actually thinking you took a blowtortch to the thing for a second 

I just about did!! B)

...yes, I know I did an awefull job of explaining that.

Yes, yes you did :D Im going to use my Chamfer bit on it but Im still cuting out A spiked shape all around the front

now after the shapeing is done I think I just want to paint it Black but if any one has A cool idea I would love to here it!

First (not so cool) idea: Use fake leather again. Chose one that is more pleasant looking.

Second idea: Use flamed maple veneer and do a transparent or a sunburst finsih on the amp. :D:

Third idea: Use large chromed metal plates to cover the head. Make it look rally metal. \m/ :D

Fourth idea: Use airbrushing to make a camo finish.

Actually, I really like the idea of a fuzzy red amp with big googly eyes. Not exactly metal, but hey, it's got googly eyes! :DB)

Actually, polished aluminum diamond plate would work quite well. You could also go for truck bed liner, and even get the water drop finish like LGM offers on some of his Leviathans.

And then add googly eyes!! :D