Old Apx/yamaha Sunken/floating Pots

PunchinPreacher

hi guys! :D

I was told about a old pot that used to pop up from flush when pressed so you could adjust it and then if you pressed it again, would hide flush.

I'm looking for a few of these for my guitar, and not many shops know about them.

I'm told they were used on Yamaha APX series guitars about 10 years ago.

Does anyone know or remember these? Better yet, Does anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks,

PP :D

its called a push push pot its spring loaded they sell them at stew mac.

i dont' have the link handy though. i think brian has them too if i am not mistaken..

https://secure.tubesandmore.com/scripts/sil...REE02=PUSH-PUSH

its called a push push pot its spring loaded they sell them at stew mac.

i dont' have the link handy though.  i think brian has them too if i am not mistaken..

https://secure.tubesandmore.com/scripts/sil...REE02=PUSH-PUSH

These pots sink in flush with the body, or pretty close to it; so that there's no knobs showing at all untill you press one to bring it up (so you can adjust it)

I think that's as clear as I can make it... kind of like a now you see it, now you dont pot.

Hope that helps! Is it still the same thing? the Push/Push pot?

Thanks a lot bro!

GB,PP :D

ah like the acoustic ones. i see now. good luck on that. you might have better luck searching caraudio sites.

you know i forgot to mention unless that you are using a realy thin line guitar there isnt' much reason you culdnt' use the push push regular pots. they would work the same. in fact i had my guitar routed on top so that the pots are nearly flush with the body and had plenty of room to go the little extra step further. i mean they would still be working even when not able to be turned ie flush but however they would be flush if you know how to use a dremel you can hook it up..

but anyway good luck.