Sound Shortage In Guitar

Stiffy

The cables are fine running through other guitars. This guitar is problem got shake the pick guard to get sound and still cuts out. There is like a stiff wire for ground. Not sure it maybe input jack near death or maybe wiring to jack not right. Anybody have past experience with front routed guitar problem of this sort?

All you can do is open it up and look for loose wires.

:D Yeah did that serveral months back. It looked like everything was in place. Going to have to open it up tonite there maybe a bad connection due to dull solder.

Ok heres a bad pic: 0016.jpgThe problem is running from the switches to the voume pots through the thick black wires. Every thing is connected. I have to shake the wires to get sound on and its cutting out.

Edited by Stiffy

All you can do is open it up and look for loose wires.

Ok problem solved sometimes it's best to go for the obvious. I went to radio shack. The service ther is somewhat incompetent. I told them I needed a jack for my guitar and said headphones would for it. He pulled out a drawer and showed me what was tiny one that you use a walk man. I asked if they had any bigger and he said no that's it and they couldn't order one for me. I opened the next drawer above it wholla there's the right sized jack. I went back home removed the crap one and installed the new. Problem solved no more shorting out. Edited by Stiffy