Uke Making Tutorial

Hi,

Ive got this strong urge to make a Ukulele...Ive done alot of guitar maintanance work, refretting etc and have built a nice bass but have never done any work on something accoustic.....

i want to start with a high quality uke with binding and nice inlays etc...you dont seee all that many ukes that have been made the same quality as a accoustic guitar..

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good tutorial on the net for building one?

Thanks alot

Shimmy

Ukes aren't very hard to make, quite fun actually. I've built four. With the help of those tut's you should be able to do it.

Hi MATT yea I really want to put alot of effort in and make it really nice....its actually for my daughter......shes only 2 so I got plenty of time :D...I really want to do some inlays and have been doing quite a bit of research on doing it....has anyone here had much experience with it? Iwas just wondering how intricate I Could get without having a CNC machine....I just looked at that 11pages of the violin you made....it looks amazing....thought you might know a thing or 2 about it ... I was thinking of using mahogany for the whole thing and was going to try to use a diff wood for a binding...

Hey tirapop...thanks for those links....alot of info there :D

cheers

shimmy