Yet Another Explosion Proof Fan Quesion

I'm the only one on this board allowed to talk about stuff he only knows  in theory!  :D

Nope... but the only problem comes when the theory hasn't been proved by somebody else!

Just (in example of the mythbuster stuff) ike the thing about cell phones causing explosions at gas stations, when is have always being the static charges! I mean I have seen a lot of this fires back when I was a kid, and believe me there were no cell phones on those days!

I was just making a joke in reference to the occasional mathematical arguments I'll get in. You know what I'm referring to, where the engineer(albeit in training) says that something is or isn't possible based on the math of it and the layman disagrees with the defense that engineers have no clue what they're talking about. Half of the time, they're right. It ends up being a bunch of here say and everyone leaves with a smirk on their face. Last time that happened(to me) was with a certain self proclaimed PG pretty boy, I believe. Makes you wonder.

It's all in jest, I assure you.

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

The blower I have is like the last one Godin posted, yet has a shielding case around the motor, and around the blower part. I'll take a picture of it this weekend. The main thing is that the vapors that are in the air never come in contact with the motor, that's the most important part. As long as it's isolated from the fumes, you can use it.

The blower I have is like the last one Godin posted, yet has a shielding case around the motor, and around the blower part.  I'll take a picture of it this weekend. The main thing is that the vapors that are in the air never come in contact with the motor, that's the most important part.  As long as it's isolated from the fumes, you can use it.

Yes I'd deffinitly like to se a picture of it.

Then one day your fan dies on you and you don't notice it until the room is full of nitro fumes...

Have you been in a spray booth? If you can't hear the fan you are deaf!

I forgot to add, "...and you've got your iPod playing ABBA at full tilt..." B):D

Really, though, the electrical code is written with "it could happen under certain circumstances" in mind. If you're careful and use common sense you shouldn't have a problem, but accidents do happen from time to time. :D

Random thought of the day: don't smoke a cigar in your spray booth to celebrate the near completion of your most recent build. I bet that's how these explosions are happening. A guy finishes painting his 72' 240z and breaks out a stogie, right there, to celebrate; only problem is he never wanted a flame job. I'm excited to have a spray booth. It'll feel so deceptively professional. :D

Edited by thegarehanman