Truss Rod.

Briand

The single-acting dual rod ones seem the be the easiest to put in and treat the neck rather gently. It is also cool that you don't have to anchor them in the neck. If you have an angled headstock and it is routed to allow it, you can loosen and remove a rod to change it. There are necks I guess that need more correction then a single-acting can do but that has not been a problem for me(yet). Have you seen a Gotoh side-adjust rod setup? way cool but I don't think they sell them to the public and they look hard to install with all the extra routing and drilling. Side adjust ROCKS! :D

I like the LMI dual action rod but since it's so expensive, I tend to go with stewmac's hot rod more often. I don't think the installation gets any easier than these - just route the channel and you're pretty much done.

BTW - the reason I like the LMI rod is because of it's height. The stewmac rod isn't bad either though - it's about 1/16 bigger if I remember correctly.

I personally like the ones from Allied Lutheire as they are like the LMI ones but for a better price. I've never had any problems with them either, and they only need a 3/8" deep slot so you can make you necks even thinner safely. I have used the Hot Rod's from Stew Mac and they also work great, but if your thinking of a 19mm and thinner neck, your going to want a thinner truss rod.

I use the Hot Rod from StewMac. Never had any problem with them.

I really like StewMacs hot-rod because the dual action allowed me to install it upside-down so the slot for the adjusting nut didn't have to be so deep.

I really like StewMacs hot-rod because the dual action allowed me to install it upside-down so the slot for the adjusting nut didn't have to be so deep.

I've done the same thing, but I always forget that when adjusting, and starts turning the allen key the whrong way only to realise that I have to think the other way around after the first complete turn or so :D