How Would I Wire This?

Off He Goes

I have two generic ebay bought pickups that I am putting in my Hagstrom. I am restoring the guitar, and no pickups came with it, so I bought a humbucker for the bridge and a humbucker sized P-90 for the neck. Both fit the guitar perfectly.

I would like to know how to wire these pickups. The is a Hagstrom HIIN, and has two volume and two tone. It has a toggle switch, and a mini switch that I would like to use a a coil splitter for the humbucker.

The humbucker has a Black wire, and green wire connected to a white wire, and red wire, and a silver/grey one, with no rubber.

The P-90 has, black wire, and a white wire.

Anyhelp would be great

I have two generic ebay bought pickups...
The problem is that pickups are not generic - since every manufacturer uses their own color coding system, it's impossible for anybody to tell you how to wire any given pickup without knowing either who made it or what the color code for that pickup is. Did you get any info with the pickups?

I have two generic ebay bought pickups...
The problem is that pickups are not generic - since every manufacturer uses their own color coding system, it's impossible for anybody to tell you how to wire any given pickup without knowing either who made it or what the color code for that pickup is. Did you get any info with the pickups?

No man, no information. Is there anyway to test the wires to see if which one is which. Also, would the two that are connected, be like that for a reason?

OK, try this -

• Wire the P90 white wire hot and black to ground
  • Wire the bare wire of the humbucker to ground, tuck the green/white joint out of the way, and tack red to hot and black to ground.
  • String it up and play - if it sounds weak and thin with both pickups switched in, reverse the red and black wires on the humbucker.
  • When that's sorted, connect the green/white juncture to the mini-toggle, and wire it to connect to ground or hot, as you prefer, for your coil split.