Newbie Project 7 String

Hi there,

My name is Padelis and I am from Greece.I play guitar nearly 14 years and i own 9 guitars.I was thinking that it is time to build my self a guitar that better suits my sound and i think that a mahogany/maple config would suit my needs better.Here are my needs/specs:

Mahogany/Maple body

Maple/rosewood neck/fretboard

A couple of dimarzios maybe TZ7 and AN7

7 String locking tremolo

My own body shape.

Thats all folks!But before i get started i would really like to mention that i really like the Ibanez neck.I was wondering if anyone could supply me with an exact drawing of ibanez 7 string tremolo-pickup-neck cavities.I would like to start with something standard and test as I previously owned a RG3120 (really great guitar)which i sold in order to buy and original Gibson Black Beauty.Also can I buy a 7 string Ibanez tremolo through the Greek Ibanez reseller?????I waiting for thoughts and recomendations from the more experienced by me builders!!!!

Thanx in advance!!!

P.S.:Some guys of you here have built some great instruments which made me decide to build my own guitar!!!!!

I'll leave the other stuff to someone else...but I'll take the trem stuff on...

You won't be able to get hold of the trem you want as a new item, there's a chance you'll find one second hand, but not much of a chance.

Your best bet would be to use a seven string version of the original floyd rose - they're excellent trems and easy to get hold of.

I'll leave the other stuff to someone else...but I'll take the trem stuff on...

You won't be able to get hold of the trem you want as a new item, there's a chance you'll find one second hand, but not much of a chance.

Your best bet would be to use a seven string version of the original floyd rose - they're excellent trems and easy to get hold of.

Thanx for the reply Jammy,

I will give a try at the Local Ibanez dealer.If I wont be able to get an ibanez one i have spotted an All Parts one at a store her in Greece.Anyone with the dimensions and drawings???????????????

Duff Beer Man

It seems that he run out of stock of edge pro 7 tremolos.Well i will keep searching but the tremolo is not so much important for me right now.What is important is someone to provide me some dimensions and drawings of Ibanez tremolo-pickup-neck as I said I want to use this setup in my own drawings.

Thanx in Advance

Padelis