Best Place To Buy Spalt Maple

Can anyone tell me where i should buy splated maple for this bass. I looked on ebay... however I dont use ebay. But are their any good websites that sell it? I also checked gilmerwood.com but they require a minimum order of $100. So if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. If also take suggestions. The neck will be a five peice maple/walnut through-body style neck... so i was thinkin spalted maple would look nice... however i was also thinkin about cocobolo or bocote. both of which are carried at my local place. But no spalt there! but i was thinking the cocobolo or any other dark wood wouldnt look very good with the maple/walnut neck. Any other suggestions? Pictures would be cool too!

thanks again,

Louis

Larry Davis at GalleryHardwoods.com will fix you up. No one here seems to buy from him, but he is the main supplier for all of the luthiers over at Talkbass.com. I've bought from him many times and the wood is outstanding. He can also acrylicize the spalted maple if you would like, so that it isn't so fragile.

Larry Davis at GalleryHardwoods.com will fix you up. No one here seems to buy from him, but he is the main supplier for all of the luthiers over at Talkbass.com. I've bought from him many times and the wood is outstanding. He can also acrylicize the spalted maple if you would like, so that it isn't so fragile.

+1. I've never worked with him personally, but he's got a great reputation and seems very knowledgeable. He's even got his own forum on talkbass.com

Larry has, by far, the best customer service I've ever seen, online or otherwise. He's very helpful with everything, and he will do his utmost to help with whatever you need. I also get emails from him occasionally just to see what's up. Very cool guy. Very nice wood. A+ service :D.

Here and Here is an acrylicized fingerboard that I just recently bought from him (the blue, acrylicized maple below it was not mine for the taking). I also bought some neck blank laminates a while back. Both orders were outstanding (and he even threw in some pieces of pear with the neck laminates for free). I should also be recieving a figured redwood board that he resawed for me soon.