Can A Trem B Installed Without Routing?

Hi everyone, i signed up about a months agoe when i decieded that building a guitar would be a really cool idea, and after reading many many post and tutorials, i decided to stay away from that and just beefing up my only guitar. Anyway, my question is...Can a floyd style bridge be installed without routing or are there any out there that dont require routing? I have a Jackson JS1(i know its bottom of the line Jackson but its all i could afford at the time, lol) and i really dont want to mess up the paint and i really dont have the money to get someone to install it for me. Any advice and all advice is welcome, lol even if u think i dont wanna hear it. :D

Thanks in advance

Edited by ChaosInc.

There's an older trem system not made anymore called the Washburn Wonderbar, you can sometimes find them on eBay. They were designed to bolt straight onto a guitar with a TOM-style bridge (in fact, they fit on Les Paul bushings without modification). I used to have one but sold it last year.

The saddles sit pretty tall, so you'd have to be sure it would work with your neck angle. If I still had the old one, I'd measure the saddle height for you...that's what you need to know.

Try www.stetsbar.com. Based on the guitar you're modifying, I'd guess it'll be cost prohibitive. It's no floyd, but, from what I hear, it's a very reliable trem. Another option would be a bigsby, but I doubt you'd want that look on a jackson.

A bigsby on a hot pink metalflake Jackson with airbrushed flaming skullz. That would totall be the Best. Guitar. Ever.

No, really. Need a neon green fluffy strap, though.

You need the cavity for the trem to be there. That doesn't necessarily HAVE to be done with a router -- i.e. it could be done with a chisel and a lot of work, for example. The point is that there are ways to get it done inexpensively and with minimal damage to the paint if that is the issue, but you can't install a trem without a hole to install it into.

Thanks a mil guys, i was lookin at some jackson trems on ebay, but hell im all thumgs when it comes to woodworking, i gave up on the idea, i bought an 85 last night on ebay, so im lookin to get an 81 now, was talkin to the local music shop here and they want like 200 to do the work, :D although i was lookin at the Kahler top mount trems, they would do the trick but they look really bulky. But my bigest worry was acually the brindge positon and post positon, pounding dowels into the old post holes and drilling the new holes in the wrong spot and reall FUBARing the whole guitar. :D if it was just a matter of dropping a template on and the diggin in with a router id be all for it, lol but i know its not like that at all. if i change my mind in a couple of days(yes i am very indecisive, lol) ill be back. thanks again everyone.