Rewiring A Squier Bullet Guitar

Opencan

I just thought of playing with my guitar a bit, and change the features a bit.

Its a bad stratocaster replica for thoes who doesn't know..

I hate any of the single pickup sound, they are horrible, and somehow, in parallel they sound.. reasonable. the guitar doesn't worth upgrading of pickups, but i would like to do the switch work as follow:

1. Series middle and bridge pickups

2. Parallel middle and bridge pickups

3. All 3 pickups in series

4. Parallel middle and neck pickups

5. Series middle and neck pickups

And i don't want the volume of the output will change while i change positions, because the 3rd position should give way more output than the 2nd, so i need some sort of circuit that will decrease the output, prefferably clean it as well.

Can anyone get me a schematic for that kind of thing?

I'm with ya, right up to this point:

And i don't want the volume of the output will change while i change positions, because the 3rd position should give way more output than the 2nd, so i need some sort of circuit that will decrease the output, prefferably clean it as well.

Any series connected pair (or trio) of pickups is going to be louder and tonally darker than the same pair (or trio) in parallel - I suppose you could put trimmer pots in it, and adjust everything to the same apparent volume, or use a variable gain preamp, and switch gains for each position. It sounds like a lot of work to go to just so you don't have to learn how to use your volume knob, though. As for cleaning your signal, I promise the output of your pickups will be absolutely pristine until it reaches some active device that limits its headroom.

I've been thinking about it, and i don't really want to drill all these holes, and yet stay with my 5 way switch hole for cosmetic issues.

I though maybe there is a way to do it this way:

Neck - Neck parallel to Middle - Neck parallel to Bridge - Middle Parallel to Bridge - Bridge and add a On\On switch to add the Middle pickup in series while shutting the Middle option from the 5way switch.

Can this thing work?

Does anyone have a schematic for that kind of project?

Or is there any smarter idea that adds a Serries \ Parallel switch?

I've seen a tutorial that makes the switch work as the following:

1. Neck

2. Neck + Bridge in Parallel

3. Neck + Bridge in Series

4. Neck + Bridge in Series and Out of Phase

5. Bridge

and for the middle pickup, he've used one of the tone pots and made it to control the middle volume.

Though he a used an alteranative switch, which i can't get my hands on, but does anyone know how can i do that with just the original switch? or something similar?

(by the way, i couldn't understand much of that tutorial because it was very messie X_X)

Isn't there a way to use the original switch and add 1 or 2 on on switches so it will do the trick? (or something similar)

EDIT

if i'll get a DPDT switch or two, can i make any of this modifications?

here they are way less than 4USD... (less than a USD for a matter of fact)

Edited by Opencan

and anyone here have a scematic for how to do a S-1 Switching? (realized its just one push pull switch, which i'll replace with a DPDT)

The S1 switch is not just a push/pull pot. And to my knowledge, on all Fender models, is used in conjunction with a 5 way super switch.

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf...0101200APg2.pdf

You can not use just your factory switch to do what you want to do.