Got Limba

Just got a beautiful single piece of Black Limba from Fryovanni. I had no plans when I bought it. Got it because (1) it was beautiful and available, (2) I wanted it badly, (3) I could afford it right now, and (4) I didn't have to leave the house to get it. Too bad this doesn't work for women. :D

Now that I have it. How about?

Limba Paul

Limba SG

Limba Tele

The piece is just under 2" thick, so thin for a Paul. Could add a plain maple top with a dark burst, say a tobacco burst with the Limba back. SG or Tele could be finished natural. Or, how about a bass?

Thoughts?

Got it because (1) it was beautiful and available, (2) I wanted it badly, (3) I could afford it right now, and (4) I didn't have to leave the house to get it. Too bad this doesn't work for women.

For some it does.

news.pagepublication.fat-woman-150.jpg

:D:DB)

And nice piece of Black Limba there.......that Tele cut out looks nice.

Edited by RGGR

RGGR, that's sick. Now I'll have nightmares. :D

Mattia, how about a double cut PRS style with carved top finished natural? The limba blank is just about the right thickness - just needs a little planing. Maybe with P90s?

It looks like the SG is an early favorite. A natural limba SG with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck? :D

How about a Firebird? Perhaps set up for slide? B)

go with a thinline telecaster... something really nice and unique. I dunno... maybe with a p90 in the neck or something

Whoa! A Thinline Tele! Excellent. :D

And I just recently made a pickguard for a Thinline Tele for another project. Have the template and everything. Cool.

Thinline Style Pickguard

I say go with the SG. It looks great in your cutout. Besides, my personal preference is always ANYTHING but a Tele; :D well, just about anything.

Edited by Stolysmaster