Where To Buy 'wood Grain Filler'

I'm getting good results with the clear Stew-Mac waterbase filler. Easy to apply and you can dye it any color you want. $14.65/pint.

woodcraft.com and woodworker.com have Behlens and other brands, but they're not any less expensive.

A local specialty woodworking store might carry it - but most regular paint stores and Lowe's/Home Depot don't cater to furniture-type finishers. Your average homeowner isn't doing much grain filling. :D

Sorry for such a delay in replying. I've been working on some web pages:D

yes, that's the plywood axe from my other thread :D

I'm thinking i will try the sanding sealer since it's readily available at Lowes. Thanks a ton! That saves me quite a bit of cash :D

Yes, it's going to be solid colors (Attempting my hand at an eddie van halen clone B))

That's very interesting about the epoxy. I would have assumed that to be too thick and too hard once dried to work with ...Ive learned something :D

Sorry for such a delay in replying. I've been working on some web pages:D

yes, that's the plywood axe from my other thread :D

I'm thinking i will try the sanding sealer since it's readily available at Lowes. Thanks a ton! That saves me quite a bit of cash :D

Yes, it's going to be solid colors (Attempting my hand at an eddie van halen clone B))

That's very interesting about the epoxy. I would have assumed that to be too thick and too hard once dried to work with ...Ive learned something :D