Metallica Star Inlay

MyNinjaStarInlay.jpg

Hi am new to the forum and know how people like pictures and stuff so thought I'd give it a whirl. Here's a Metallica Ninja star logo I did a year or so back, on my explorer that i am building. shame the neck is going to be scrapped as I am not happy with the thickness and such, anyway live and learn.

this was actualy done as an experiment to see if i could manage it or not, and it didn't turn out too bad it's only made of pearloid scratchplate material or mother of plastic as we used to call it.

I changed the angle on it so it sat level with the fret as apposed to the ESP one which is point end towards the fret.

anyway here it is... if I figure out this picture posting bit.

:D

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm gonna scrap the neck because I carved it to thin, but rest assured things will not go to waste, Fingerboard, truss rod and inlay will find a good home on my some of my other projects. :D and the rest of the neck will turn into various size dowels and such.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm gonna scrap the neck because I carved it to thin, but rest assured things will not go to waste, Fingerboard, truss rod and inlay will find a good home on my some of my other projects. :D  and the rest of the neck will turn into various size dowels and such.

My first neck ended up with the same result, I carved it way too thin for the truss rod I was using. So I was setting it up and the truss rod sprung out the back of the neck because it only had a thin layer of wood left.. lol.. So we all make mistakes, but you've got the right idea keep the fingerboard, etc. and use it again. Nice inlay work though.

I almost bought a neck where the T-rod might have popped out the back. Chandler guitars in Frisco, had a sale many years ago. I went there and they had a few boxes filled with necks. $40.00 for each neck. People were coming and going, picking out necks, paying and leaving. I sure don't know why, but just when I picked out a neck I was going to buy, Paul Chandler walks out of a door, goes right to me, and pulls the neck out of my hand and presses his thumb into the back of the neck, and his thumb goes right through, breaking the wood and exposing the T-rod. He then picked out another neck for me. The only thing I could find wrong with the neck was over-beveled fret ends, so I practiced re-fretting on that neck.