Curly/flame Maple Source?

Does anyone have a good source for curly/flame maple that does not cost a fortune, or where I don't have to buy a piece that is almost 2" thick? I am looking for a bookmatched set where each piece is only about 5/16" thick, or a single piece about 3/4" thick that I can split myself. I've looked at the Gilmer site, and most of what they have is way too thick for what I need. The guitar I want to build does not have that deep of a carve on the top, and I don't want to use any more maple than I have to. The back and neck will be Black Limba, and I want as much of the tone to come from that as possible. :D

Check eBay. Thin bookmatched tops (3/8" thick or so) go quite often, and at not too insano prices. I think the last one I ordered was around 25-30 bucks, and it's a darn nice top. Google 'curly maple bookmatch' or similar. Ed Dicks at Acousticwoods.ca also has some stuff worth taking a look at (but yes, is in Canada)

Also, 5/16"-3/8" isn't going to give you enough room to carve much of ANYTHING. Even a shallow carve would require a 1/2" or so, methinks.

Speak to Larry Davis at galleryhardwoods.com The website isnt updated often. I recently got some burl+flame maple, quilted maple, macasser ebony fretboards and black limba body and neck blanks from him and was very impressed with the quality and price

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll check ebay, but since Larry Davis at Gallery Hardwoods has been recomended to me by three different people now, I think I will probably go with something he has.

As for needing at least a 1/2" thick piece, I remeasured both of my 1982 Ibanez Artists, since that is what I'll be making. Their tops are carved with a difference of 1/4" from the center of the top to the bottom edge of the guitar. Since I want to leave 1/8" of top thickness at the bottom edge of the guitar, have 1/16" of carve relief more than the factory ones, and have enough for planing & leveling, I think Mattia is right! I'll start with a 1/2" top! I just don't want any more maple than is necessary for asthetic purposes. :D

:D

Does anyone have a good source for curly/flame maple that does not cost a fortune, or where I don't have to buy a piece that is almost 2" thick?  I am looking for a bookmatched set where each piece is only about 5/16" thick, or a single piece about 3/4" thick that I can split myself.  I've looked at the Gilmer site, and most of what they have is way too thick for what I need.  The guitar I want to build does not have that deep of a carve on the top, and I don't want to use any more maple than I have to.  The back and neck will be Black Limba, and I want as much of the tone to come from that as possible.  :D