Death Of The Brutalizer!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah your right.

Ok, next question. If you cut the nut too low on a new guitar, do you throw the entire guitar away, just the neck, replace the nut, or repair it?

On Dan's WOMD, i broke a string when i was stringing it up for the first time. Im ashamed of myself for not burning that guitar now.

the brutalizer had Alot more problems than all that, one BIG one is that in my eyes that body was crap and I no longer wanted to build it and waste any more time with it! it was way to thin, the neck sat lose in the pocket, I was unhappy with the way the jack turned out, my electronics cavity was to large and badly done on my part (another thing I learnd from Jeremy) , because the body was so thin the heal was to thin and I think that under string tension it would have given way and busted off

So I knew this one was dead and I wanted to have some fun with it so I did

the design it's self is cool but It needs work but It wount be the last one I build

!!METAL MATT!! :D

yeah your right.

So how are you going to fix it? Or is it already fixed?

Matt, I agree, at a certain point, if the project has too many problems, it's time to bag it and move on (and yeah, have some fun along the way). Especially if you lose your enthusiasm for the project, means it's just not meant to be.

How about a nice soft n' curvy guitar for your next project? Pink would be a nice color. :D

Perry I say make a shark themed guitar, and in the spot that got chipped make a cut in the shape of a shark bite, like you see on those surfboards, you know the ones that belong to the people with the missing legs, or 500 stitches,lol. I think that would be fun, thats a better idea than firewood imo. J

How about a nice soft n' curvy guitar for your next project? Pink would be a nice color.

Well my next guitar is going to be A vintage style flying V body with A 3d green flamed maple top,I think it's going to be A semi hollow body 14 string guitar

(Just like A 12-string but bassed on A 7-string) Im also thinking that it may be fun to try Some kind of A cool F hole thing, I think I'll be useing An EMG for the pickup

but Im not sure yet, So I want it to be something new for me and still have A modern look

Well my next guitar is going to be A vintage style flying V body with A 3d green flamed maple top,I think it's going to be A semi hollow body 14 string guitar

(Just like A 12-string but bassed on A 7-string) Im also thinking that it may be fun to try Some kind of A cool F hole thing, I think I'll be useing An EMG for the pickup

but Im not sure yet,  So I want it to be something new for me and still have A modern look

A 14 string? Very cool idea. I'd like to hear some sound clips once you get that done.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm rather proud of the patriotic f hole I have on my build right now. F hole with a maple leaf in the centre.

Perry I say make a shark themed guitar, and in the spot that got chipped make a cut in the shape of a shark bite, like you see on those surfboards, you know the ones that belong to the people with the missing legs, or 500 stitches,lol. I think that would be fun, thats a better idea than firewood imo. J

already started...

121-2140_IMG.jpg

What was the purpose of destroying a perfectly good screaming metal body? Outside of providing a image to match the title.

Look I was going to come in and tell you that I wount repeat my self again But Im going to be Nice! :D

the brutalizer had Alot more problems than all that, one BIG one is that in my eyes that body was crap and I no longer wanted to build it and waste any more time with it! it was way to thin, the neck sat lose in the pocket, I was unhappy with the way the jack turned out, my electronics cavity was to large and badly done on my part (another thing I learnd from Jeremy) , because the body was so thin the heal was to thin and I think that under string tension it would have given way and busted off

So I knew this one was dead and I wanted to have some fun with it so I did

the design it's self is cool but It needs work but It wount be the last one I build

!!METAL MATT!!

Wouldn't something like this be very obvious in the early stages ?

Yes it was but I was willing to give it A try and hope for the Best! but now I want

to start off knowing it will work, and not take that chance

Don't bother. I have a 12-string Strat (with the vintage hockey-stick neck) that sounds great, and also sounds great as a baritone 6, so I took the next logical step. Sounded like crap.

Ya Im also thinking that the hollow body thing wont work! With the head stock holding so many tuneing pegs and A Maple neck the the guitar will be really neck heavy, and Im thinking the Sound will be Flat and thin so Im sticking to A solid body, still I love the idea of trying a 14 string! Im just not sure how I should do the Bridge

My baritone 12 sounded like mud, so maybe the trick on a 14 is to tune the octave strings on the B and E two octaves up instead of one.  There are many possibilities...

Veillette makes a perfectly great Baritone 12. Yes, it's acoustic-based, but some models have mixed piezo and magentic pickups, and they most certainly don't sound like mud. Might take a bit of fine-tuning in terms of how exactly to tune it, and I doubt neck pickups would be terribly useful.

That shark guitar is the guitar that you  will be using that totally killer quilted maple on right Perry?  God I can't wait to see that thing finished :D

- Dan

Yes dan. This guitar is to sharks, as yours is to international warfare.

I remember seeing a pic of that quilted block. Are you, perhaps, going to utilize the liquid-like quilted figuring to make it look like the ocean?

this is mat's thread, so lets discuss his guitar.

I dont really mind, But if you want you should start up a thread on this new guitar of yours man

I would have let it burn a little longer, you barely charred it

Curtis

WD40 burns off to fast and It was cold out side :D and I had A heck of A time geting that Oak to burn