Test Box

Jalien21

so, i was thinking about making some sort of a circuit with which i could test various coils or resistors or whatever else i can find to see how stuff changes the sound of a guitar. it'd basically just be audio-in to a 9-volt battery and... stuff to audio-out. is that a really bad idea? could i mess up my amp or guitar if i end up sending the 9-volts there instead? (i have only really basic knowledge about electronics and stuff... but this is how i like to learn things :D ) um. thanks, have a nice day

Why do you want to "send" 9 volts DC anywhere? Unless it's powering an active circuit, hooking up a battery to your guitar is a complete waste of time! Other than finding out about resistive heating, and the possible consequences for the small diameter wire in a pickup coil, there's nothing to learn! :D

Why do you want to "send" 9 volts DC anywhere? Unless it's powering an active circuit, hooking up a battery to your guitar is a complete waste of time! Other than finding out about resistive heating, and the possible consequences for the small diameter wire in a pickup coil, there's nothing to learn!  :D

well... um. i'm not sure. i figured that pedals have a battery in them, so i should too. heh. wait, so, this thing isn't really a good idea? i'm not really gonna be able to change the sound of stuff by running the signal through random components in my basement?

getting a "living" 9DC volt current into a speaker will distroy it. any direct current will.

why don't you hook that circuit of yours to a guitar amp directly?

the only thing that you'll be able to change by adding \ removing random components is the treble, mid and bass.

unless you create an in-board effect, such as a simple drive \ distortion, but that wouldn't be so easy