So, You Wanna Be A Touring Guitar Tech....

Kevan

Well, it's not all groupies and beer:

Longtime guitar tech for rock star Bryan Adams sues for wrongful dismissal

VANCOUVER (CP) - The man who's been tuning rock star Bryan Adams' guitars for 17 years is now suing him for wrongful dismissal.

In a lawsuit filed in B.C. Supreme Court against Adams and his touring company Rosebud Touring, Mark Stadnyk, 51, claims he was terminated without cause or reasonable notice. "Stadnyk faithfully and diligently performed his duties." the lawsuit claimed. "And was a valuable and reliable employee of the defendants, and was Adams' only personal concert guitar technician for 17 years."

Stadnyk made $4,500 US per month for working two weeks a month while on tour with Adams through the U.S. earlier this year.

At the end of two weeks of touring last June, the lawsuit claims Adams terminated Stadnyk's employment contract without cause.

Stadnyk claims the firing caused him damages, loss and expense, and he wants to be compensated.

Lawyers for Adams have not yet filed a statement of defence.

Link to original article: http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=12995

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I'd actually heard one of his songs was in October. I was at a wedding reception, and "Summer of 69" was in the dance mix.

Now, I knew that he was an aging rock star, but I'd never actually listened to him.

Alex Lifeson is the only guitar god to come out of Canada. Although Randy Bachman is a fine player, in his own right.

Actually, he's pretty much a god in Canada.  :D

Ask any Canadian....except LGM.  LOL

......ill have to disagree as im canadian and i think hes a wanker B) ...

Alex Lifeson is the only guitar god to come out of Canada

yeah hes a champ, he even featured on trailer park boys lol that was a great episode, he had a jam with bubbles :D .... danm good show that one.

Edited by ZoSo_Spencer

Bryan Adams started on the street in Vancouver. Maybe not one of the greatest guitar "pickers" in the world, but prolific songwriters like him are relatively rare.

I admit a lot of his songs are spewed out on the radio a bit too much. He did a pretty good rendition of Young Lust on Roger Water's The Wall-Live in Berlin concert. (ooooooooooooh... I need a dirty WOman!) :D

BTW, Bryan Adams is EXACTLY the same age as me, same year, same day. :D

Whoa....slow down Canadian folks.

You've got a long way to go before we forgive you for Celine Dion.

:D

I guess I should change "a god" to "an extremely popular singer-songwriter".

As big of a Rush/Alex (and Triumph/Rik Emmett) fan as I am, Bryan blows them away when it comes to airplay and album sales. Sorry folks.

As big of a Rush/Alex (and Triumph/Rik Emmett) fan as I am, Bryan blows them away when it comes to airplay and album sales.  Sorry folks.

Airplay and album sales has nothing to do with "god" status IMO... Alex and Rik kick Brian behind anyday!!!!

Of course he would get more play time! His music is more appealing to the masses than Triumph or Rush, Just like (insert any metal group) and Ashlee Simpson!!! How get's more air time, the true musician, or the BBBBs with voice!

You've got a long way to go before we forgive you for Celine Dion.

:D

NEVER - I'll never forgive for that. I used to work behind a bar (some time ago) and the theme to Titanic was requested (and played) about 10 times a night :D

There's not a lot that bring me to violence, but she is most definately near the top.

You think you got it bad?

Celine has been a star in Quebec since the age of 11, waaayyy back in the early 80's. I've had to listen to this crap for the last 25 years non-stop!

Whether that was in french or english or even when I backpacked through australia in 98' (titanic year) or lived in Holland 6 years (played on the radio 4 times a day) Can't get away from her!!!

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!!

BLAME CANADA!

SouthparkPhilcanada.jpg

So Neil Young is a canadian, eh? :D . I didn't realise canada could produce such hill billies. Then again, you guys can get pretty isolated up there I suppose. They should reshoot Deliverance in the sub arctic.

I've lived in the Arctic and sub-arctic, you'd be surprised how inbred they can get :D

Boy, you've got a real purty mouth... I'm gonna make you bark like a seal!

So Neil Young is a canadian, eh? :D . I didn't realise canada could produce such hill billies. Then again, you guys can get pretty isolated up there I suppose. They should reshoot Deliverance in the sub arctic.

IDK man... neil young is pretty far from a hill billy... his recent stuff is all protesting environmental stuff... any of you guys seent that greendale stuff? it kinda gets on my nerves... and im a pretty big neil young fan too