Edge Pro 7 Dimensions

psyche

Hi there guys,

my name is Padelis and i have started building my first guitar.I recently finished the drawings and from now on i will start making my router templates.I order through my local Ibanez distrubutor a 7 string edge pro bridge2EL1J71PC.jpg.

The problem is that i will have to wait about 2-3 months to get it.Well i cant wait so long to route the tremolo.So, could anyone supply me with some dimensions????What do you think about the tremolo i bought???Is it better than the old one?????

Why can't you wait to route the tremelo? It will go a lot better if you have the actual unit.

I agree. This is not a good time to be impatient. Unless you already have good templates from doing that job previously, it isn't a good idea to do any routing on your project without the real parts in hand. But also, don't be suprised if you have to wait a lot longer than 2-3 months to get that trem. Ibanez is notoriously slow at such orders ... it could be three times that long.

The Edge Pro 7 is an excellent trem. Period. As to whether it is better or worse than the Lo Pro 7, that is purely a matter of preference, as there are some minor differences. Some people like one better, some like the other. In a number of ways, the Edge Pro improves the design. The most common complaint about the Edge Pro is the lack of locking studs. That is a trivial fix however -- just buy the locking studs from Rich Harris and install those instead. Problem solved. The other common complaint is that it feels slightly stiffer when using the bar.

The pros do use these trems. Satch usually plays an original Edge (that's his preference and what he is used to), though he has played an Edge Pro. Vai uses Lo Pro more than anything these days, but has played all of them. It's not that one is better than the other, they are just different. You should choose the one you prefer. Any of them will give you great performance.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you guys for your replies.I really have played all of the ibanez tremolos and i think that all are great.so i bought the latest edgepro because of its design.Can't wait to take it in my hands to examine it a little better, i think that i can convert it to a piezo one.Just waiting.Marry christmas and happy new year to everyone.Soon i will post pictures of the progress!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

HI there again,

After 4 months of waiting i finally got the tremolo in my hands.It s great and not really heavy compared to a few others.And as i said before it can be converted to piezo pretty easy.I knew that Ibanez wouldn't design two tremolos, it costs too much and there is no reason to do so.They designed one tremolo and they add the elements in the saddles and the edge pro becomes a double edge pro.So i will have to do a little search to find the right piezo elements that can fit in the saddle.Here are the pics!!!!

picture00254.jpg

picture00253.jpg

picture00252.jpg

• 8 months later...
I order through my local Ibanez distrubutor a 7 string edge pro bridge

What did that set you back, if I may ask???

Hi there guys,

Have a nice year everyone!Sorry for being away sooooooooo long but i am really busy with my day job.I had no time left at all to complete my guitar project.So here i am back again.RGGR sorry man but i don't understand your question.You mean why i waited 4 months to get the trem?If that is what you mean then i have to say that the Ibanez distributor is a total geek.Why i say that?First of all he ordered the parts after 2 months and the part numbers he gave to ibanez were wrong.You see i wanted a powder cosmo unit and he brought me a cosmo black tremolo and a powder cosmo lock nut.So??What do you think?It is not the first time that it happens but i couldn't wait another 4 or more months to get the right parts.

Yes I believe that you are right.But what happens when a customer have bought a guitar or some other instrument and needs some parts because lets say someone screwed up the instrument or the nut or a part of the instrument and needs a replacement?????He has to wait that long in order to repair his instrument????What if he is a professional musician and needs his instrument??????

Ibanez has started selling some limited parts on their web site. Otherwise you are often better to go somewhere like ibanezrules where the parts are in stock. The dealers should do a better job of keeping parts in stock. If you are a pro and can't do without your guitar, you'd better have backup guitars and stock up on parts your are likely to need well before you will need them. Of course, the big names and endorsees aren't going to have any trouble getting parts in short order -- one call to the custom shop should take care of it. We don't have that luxury.

P.S. If you find a source for the piezos, please let us know. There are lots of other people who would love to make the same modifications.

Edited by ryanb