Underoath

Do you like UnderOATH?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

with the up and coming MAJOR popularity of screamo and hardcore punk, i thought i'd ask.

One of their most popular singles: http://www.chiles.leon.k12.fl.us/real_chil...g_Your_Exit.mp3

live video of one of my favorite songs by them:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...312&q=underoath

look at the guitarist on the left side (their right) at 1:18 into the video.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thier not good. they just move around alot. angus could kill these guys.

I dunno.. I mean AngusYoung was a founder.. but in the long run he does get surpassed even in his own styles.. Lots of guys these days do.. but Vai and Satriani, i think it'll be a while before somebody surpasses THEM in their styles..

yeah, theyre an openly christian band same with norma jean, the chariot, and as cities burn. its cool to find such fun music with such good values at the same time eh?

Agreed. :D

Didnt knowabout as cities burn or norma jean. think i heard of the chariot.

I almost gave up trying to find some christian stuff in "secular" music after listening to switchfoot..

*sigh* those were my music depression days... :D

-IR

ive been thinking about it, and ive sort of realized, if you dont listen to it a lot, and loud, then you wont like it. you sort of have to listen to it very in depth, and most importantly loud, to like it. also, they are really good live, ive seen a ton of videos and i really like it.

It's true.. but there is a gradient factor to it too. I started out listening to Alexisonfire (they're actually classified as "hardcore") and got more into emo (CTTS, Quicksand, etc) and some other heavier stuff. I realize now that there are certain types of people who listen to these music.. In general case, if you see someone listening to a preferably minority music, its because there's connection.. Can't really define them, but to start off.. emo means.. 'emotional hardcore'.. so lots of emotional and many political statements which would definitely connect to many teenagers.. to give an example.

and you shouldnt call a type of music garbage.. should respect it unless it somehow comes in conflict within your spiritual beliefs/morals. then I'd understand.. I mean I dont like the music that comes from my background.. (korea) but not to say I hate it, cuz it's a culture.

-IR

Edited by redwhiteandthemaple

i just threw angus out there because he is the first one that came to my mind that was very "energetic" on stage.

and you shouldnt call a type of music garbage.. should respect it unless it somehow comes in conflict within your spiritual beliefs/morals. then I'd understand.

yes but my beliefs honestly are if your not good at writing/playing music then you should not be famous and have a record deal. there are so many good bands out there that really deserve it more than [insert terrible emo band here].

there is alot more i would like to say about the reasons i do not like this style of music but i dont really think ill change anyones thinking of why they are generally all bad. i dont think that all of it is that bad though, i dont know if any1 considers the mars volta emo but i like them (redwhiteandthemaple nice icon :D ), i also like finch and a.f.i. but most of it is really really horrible in my eyes.

Edited by skatz

yes but my beliefs honestly are if your not good at writing/playing music then you should not be famous and have a record deal. there are so many good bands out there that really deserve it more than [insert terrible emo band here].

Totally subjective, but I won't argue.. because so are any religious/moral beliefs.

i dont know if any1 considers the mars volta emo but i like them

meh.. they definitely have the influence. but their sound is very new and unique to generalize.. time will tell, and give them a name.. something like.. "progressive experimental 2nd wave emo" or something like that :D

(redwhiteandthemaple nice icon :D )

Thx

-IR

Agreed. peace.gif

Didnt knowabout as cities burn or norma jean. think i heard of the chariot.

I almost gave up trying to find some christian stuff in "secular" music after listening to switchfoot..

*sigh* those were my music depression days... laugh.gif

yeah, the chariots lead singer used to be the lead singer from norma jean. right before norma jean released their first signed album (bless the martyr kiss the child), the lead singer, joshua scogin, left norma jean to start the chariot with a bunch of high schoolers. i have the chariots album everything is a live everything is breathing, nothing is dead and nothing is bleeding album, and that and norma jean's bless the martyr kiss the child to me are the 2 best christian core albums ive ever heard. crazy riffs that to me define hardcore. if u havent listened to either one, you should check them out.

and btw calling any music garbage whether it conflicts with your "beliefs" or not, isnt cool. i cant stand rap, or country, or 80's romance pop, but its all music, and its someones favorite genre, but just cuz its not yours doesnt mean you have to trash talk it.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

ok, new news on this subject. underoath is making a new album which will be released some itme in june. the vocals in this new album are said to be more like lead singer, spencer chaimberlain's old band, this runs through. to catch a glimpse of what the new album will sound like, there is a studio video journal at their website, www.underoath777.com, and you can short cut to it, by going to http://www.underoath777.com/newsite/media/...eo/02-20-06.flv , ive checked it out, and its pretty sweet.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone