Underoath

Do you like UnderOATH?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total crap.

Plus, Underoath is not screamo.

If you want to hear screamo, check out pg.99, Saetia, Hot Cross, City of Caterpillar, Yaphet Kotto, and tons of other actual screamo bands. Read up on genres before you start slapping incorrect labels on music. It's very misleading to others, and that's how this crap gets started. Screaming in music does not mean it is of the screamo genre.

what does it mean? seriously though, if its starts as emo and they scream alot why isnt it screamo? this genre is just like metal now. you have to classify it in tons of ways.(death metal, hardcore metal, heavy metal, regular metal, etc..) either way though it all is horrendous in my opinion.(not metal just emoishness)

If it starts out as emo and they scream a lot, then it's emocore. If it's emo with tons of punk influence and really spazzy, frenetic music (and they scream or sing really high pitched, or sometimes just normal but keeping along the guideline of spazzy emotional music), then it's screamo. There's just a huge difference. Just like if you call a band like It Dies Today metal, many people will yell at you (me being one of them). It just really disgraces genres' names when you confuse them with crappy bands.

dude, did you just argue the difference between emo core and screamo? no one should identify themselves with a genre, and be disgraced if someone not exactly like them called themselves the same genre. i was just going by what underoath put on their myspace, www.myspace.com/underoath , right above their profile pic it says "screamo/rock/alternative" im pretty sure they are wahtever they want to call themselves. have u ever heard "i don't feel very receptive today" or "the impact of reason" or "best of me" by underoath? is that not spazzy emotional music with screaming? you shouldnt take offense to someone saying that underoath is screamo.

Yes I should. Screamo is comprised of bands that were inventive. Throwing in bands that jumped on a bandwagon of contrived post-post-hardcore crap is an insult to the genre. Genres are necessary. If you say "oh, I like music with guitars in it" or a band says "our music has some drums, bass, guitars, oh and vocals too," then it could be one of many styles. Classification is necessary whether you like it or not, and it's better to get the classifications accurate rather than cramming a bunch of genres into one category, because usually there's tons more talent in one as opposed to the other. Granted, I'm not a fan of many screamo bands (maybe 3 at the most), but I'd rather listen to the worst true-to-the-genre screamo band than any of this Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, and whatever else tripe.

Total crap.

Plus, Underoath is not screamo.

If you want to hear screamo, check out pg.99, Saetia, Hot Cross, City of Caterpillar, Yaphet Kotto, and tons of other actual screamo bands. Read up on genres before you start slapping incorrect labels on music. It's very misleading to others, and that's how this crap gets started. Screaming in music does not mean it is of the screamo genre.

I used to be one of.. u. (and yes i am very familiar with screamo/hardcore/grindcore/emo/ska/2ndwaveska/list goes on.. spent way too much time debating about these stuff...)

But you know what, N.America whether either of us like it or not follow this rule, truth is decided by the majority.

And the "majority" mostly influenced by media starts calling JimmyEatWorld, TakingBackSunday, AFI, even DashboardConfessional, (etc) emo and these days you hear the word "emo" reference to type of clothes or attitudes and so on. Of course, emo refers to the music alone.

And we all know that history is only written by the winners, alas the "majority".

Although it may seem sad such as not knowing your backgrounds if your a mud, to give an example.

But I've noticed that ppl like me and you, those who seek truth and knowledge will always find it.

This statement has lot of scholastic, moral, or even religious values to it.

But you know what, I'm not gonna try to convince you, cuz I'm not gonna sit here and narrow-mindedly debate about a small subgenre in N.American culture. There's a whole world out there.

-IR

emo still sucks :D

actually redwhiteandthemaple does have a point, there is a whole big world out there and i dont have to spend my time in this post blabbing on about how i hate emo music/style/ness because nobody cares. its not like im going to change the world by taking away emo. so with this i say goodbye to this post and i will not speak of how much i hate emo again.

unless it really calls for it.

skatz :D

You've got that a little mixed up. Nothing really killed metal. It has withstood the test of time and will continue to do so. This fake crap is going to die out soon enough. Nothing but trendy crap that the commercial industry wants to profit from for a bit.

All emo/screamo/hardcore/whateveryouwanttocallit is a trend... and a horrible one at that. The clothes, the hair, the makeup; everything is a fad. Its only been in the last 3 years or so that these "bands" (and I use the term very loosely in this case) made it "big." Besides, what would possess a man to wear women's pants? And because he wears women's pants... where does is... manhood go? But I digress, the fact still remains that, like scottyd said, they will all be gone in another 5 years. It seems like more and more these days bands are not making it big because of talent, but rather because record companies can capitalize on the market created by these bands. I guess it all boils down to the disease that is capitalism. <insert quotation from a good metal band about capitalism>

What the hell! Who the hell cares. I couldn't give two s**ts whether Satriani got classified as Instrumental rock or Pop Punk, I still enjoy it.

This "Emocore vs Screamo" argument is no different to the "Punk or Pop-Punk" thing. Thanks to the mainstream media there are no boundries between the two whatsoever. It's the eternal debate you can't win (or lose). It gets old really quick and yet it's still debated by many.

The bottom line is, regardless of your opinion, or whatever you believe, someone out there is gonna think the complete opposite, now it's your choice whether you grow a sack and accept it (and realize it's such a stupid little issue anyhow), or try and argue with them.

The bottom line is, regardless of your opinion, or whatever you believe, someone out there is gonna think the complete opposite, now it's your choice whether you grow a sack and accept it (and realize it's such a stupid little issue anyhow), or try and argue with them.

I Disagree

I Disagree

I'm glad that I wasn't the only person bothered by that.

Blah blah blah, say what you want, but I think it's pretty moronic that Americans as a whole have generally decided to reward ignorance. We're basically the dumbest and most ignorant nation in the world because people are too lazy to try to change anything, are too fed up with dumb people to care, or are in fact part of the dumb people. Musical genres are a speck of sand in the grand scheme of things, but it's something that I think is worth trying to keep accurate. And if you don't, that's fine. Don't whine about it, just say "okay" and let me make an ass(hole) of myself. Bye.

Edited by xtjdx

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys so i supposedly some new unmastered and unmixed underoath mp3s got stolen from the studio and leaked out onto the internet. as wrong and shameful as it is... the stuff is amazing... u guys who are convinced that underoath is a bunch of talentless emo *insert politically incorrect term here*s i think this will possibly change ur thought process. the stuff to me is amazing. so much heavier and more core-like.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone