Cant Decide On Neck

mailman

black or white?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you're doing the inlay, ebony.

Maple is hell to inlay without visible gaps.

+1

You can get away with dots, but that's about all that's 'easy' to inlay in maple. Gets easier if you're going to stain it later, but still.

There's a reason I use ebony fingerboards on guitars with inlay on, and it ain't because ebony's such a great tonewood (dullest/thunkiest taptone of the various fingerboard woods I've got).

i got the maple idea from judas priest champaigne021.jpg

i had no idea it didnt inlay well :yikes: is this only if I do it, or if its all done by computer too?

Ebony with white MOP, honestly. If we're talking black/white theme. 'course, It would take a lot for me to vote for a maple fingerboard on much of anything.

the reason for the gold MOP is cuz all hardware will be gold, including fretwire

Edited by mailman

Neither.

Ebony with white MOP, honestly. If we're talking black/white theme. 'course, It would take a lot for me to vote for a maple fingerboard on much of anything.

+1

I don't do gold anything.

Oh, I'll use gold where appropriate, within the context of a larger inlay (hair on the nekkid laydee on my red PRS thing, f'r instance) and gold looks great with red, but as plain inlay...not a big fan. If the frets and hardware are gold, it might work OK.

One really nice thing about 'burst' gold MOP, where only one surface is gold; the 'white' back of the MOP has very, very rich colour flash compared to 'straight' white MOP. And that's why I'd like s'more.

• 1 month later...