My First Build

aidlook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a quite since i been here !!

and finally another red special builder THANK GOD!

oh well heres mine the 2nd one!

rs1.jpg

I will add some links later for you for more pics......

Edited by Mattw04

rs1.jpg

Sweet...

Where do you get your hardware? I saw a trem + bridge on a site for €800...I could get a Fender USA strat for that price....Is there any cheaper ones or do I have to make them myself?

rs1.jpg

Sweet...

Where do you get your hardware? I saw a trem + bridge on a site for €800...I could get a Fender USA strat for that price....Is there any cheaper ones or do I have to make them myself?

Sadly the Red special hard ware is always going to be very expensive as we all well know brian made his by had, from basicly junk so its always going to be a custom job.

Heres a few links i have come across in my work....

Redspecialparts.com

Kz Guitar Works

Rs Guitars

SEI Rs guitar works

Jim Reed Guitars

Legg Guitars

These are just some companies that make and sell rs guitars or Parts, some ranging from the low priced Jim reed trem around 100 euros, to the most expensive KZ guitars.

If your looking for a cheep trem email Jim reed, they don;t sell on the website so just email, i have pointed most of my friends in this direction and they were pretty happy with the trem unit.

or you could try this GUy, Filipe Sousa in Portugal, a good friend of mine whose making parts for my RS at a good price!

Filipes RS site

You can also visit my site when its running again....

Matts RS site

I hope this helps you, if you would like to speak further about it just email or if you have MSN add me in and i will speak about it....

P.S i see you are using Tornado Plans, beware of the neck and finger/ fret spacings as they are incorrect!

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh mate!

mega looking very good! still curious to see what your going to use, i know it sounds odd but have you thought of a jazzmaster / fender jag trem. very similar slightly different.

Could be an option but well done shes looking good! mines nearly finished too!

Ahh mate!

mega looking very good! still curious to see what your going to use, i know it sounds odd but have you thought of a jazzmaster / fender jag trem. very similar slightly different.

Could be an option but well done shes looking good! mines nearly finished too!

Yep I've seen those...Was thiniking of the possibilities of modifiyng one of those..but I realized that I never use a trem anyway...I'm gonna make a string thru and put the strings where the rout for the trem cavity would be...so if I change my mind later I can put a trem on it.

PICT1170.jpg

Got the neck joint finished today...it's hanging there without any glue or screws.. :D

Now It's on to getting some fretwire and attaching the fretboard...fixing the headstock shape of wich I'm not yet shute...might go with an old Hagström style headstock...and oh, gotta find some wood for the front and back...

sideview

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/aidlook/PICT1173.jpg

back neckjoint

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/aidlook/PICT1174.jpg

Remember, 1 pic per post!

Edited by Maiden69