Making A Full Size Template

Hey everyone!

I've finally got around to trying to build my first guitar from scratch, and there's something already that I just can't seem to get right. I can't seem to be able to print out the template for the body I want in full size!

Take for example the Ibanez RG body from guitarbuild.com:

http://www.guitarbuild.com/modules/mydownl...ewcat.php?cid=5

When I open that in either Volo View Express or TurboCad 2D (the two software they list on the site), I can't seem to get either of them to print the drawing as full size. With Volo View, I can only get it to print fitted to the page (the fit to page option is clickable (as in I can turn it on or off), but as soon as I click ok, and go to page setup again, it's checked on again). With Turbo Cad I can only get the software to print the image in 100 pages, or fitted to the page, and it's either waaay to big, or two small.

What do you guys use to print DFX and DWG format drawings, or is there something I'd doing wrong here? (note: I did try this with threee printers, two computers, and a print to pdf software...no dice..)

Cheers,

Nish

P.S. I know some people go to Kinko's...but there isn't one anywhere near me (not within 100 miles).

Hey,

I just went and got my copy of autocad (I bought one for my circuit board design...completely slipped my mind to try it for this!). Now the problem is that I don't know how to use the software well. I can plot the drawing now, and it's coming out full size, but it'll only print 1 page?!?! (and yes, this is a full registered version etc..). Again, I've tried this with three printers.

Any ideas?

Nish

There is nothing like getting a full size plot on ONE piece of paper. A friend with access to plotters used to print them for me. All I had to do was send him the dwg in the email. He has changed jobs now and its no longer possible :D . But its definitely worth the expense to get it done right. A few large blank sheets are useful too for tracing body, neck, misc. to make individual templates.

Hi ya Midnight, if you send the file, I can print it for you. I can even do it on an adhesive vinyl if you'd like. That way you can just stick it to your blank and have at er! lol better yet, stick it to a piece of good 1/4" ply and you can re-use it later.

Don't know where you're at, but shipping shouldn't be too bad.

Just give me a holler if you need one done up. :D

Take for example the Ibanez RG body from guitarbuild.com:

http://www.guitarbuild.com/modules/mydownl...ewcat.php?cid=5

this file is way tooooo big

its probably too big because its a thousand feet long

and any print shop can do it. just convert the cad file to a PDF file and get them to print it to blank poster size paper

no mailman, its 1000mm long :D in ur cad program change unit of measurment to mm (metric) not inches (imperial)