Tone For Each Pickup

cole

What kind of guitar is it? How many pickups? We need more info to be able to help.

Also: Try the search funtion. I'm pretty sure the info is already availible in the forum...

OK, searching for “tone pot” gave a LOT of hits…

Anyway, if it's a standard Strat wiring (standard 5-way lever switch, vol, bridge tone, mid tone) it's a simple fix. Move the wire from the bridge tone pot to the 5-way switch from its current lug to the vacant lug. Now you got vol, mid tone and neck tone. If you also want a bridge tone, instead of moving the wire, keep it in place, get a 250K pot and wire it just like the pot without capacitor (original bridge or mid) except that you solder it to the vacant lug on the switch .

EDIT: I might have mixed things up, regarding what’s a "standard Strat wiring". Isn't what you’re describing actually a standard wiring? The wiring whith neck and mid tone is described here. Tell us what you got and I'll try to help you to get it right

Does any one know how to wire up a guitar to get diffrent tones for each pickups or atleast a tone for the neck and a diffrent tone for the middle?

try doing series/parrallel and phase/out of phase switching, the brian may wiring can do this but needs 7 switches and a new pickguard

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/9459/br...gmodified25.gif