Ebony Or Walnut

loudandproud

What wood to you think i should use for the 1/4" lam. down the center of my telecaster body  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

get your free walnut then sell it!

• 2 weeks later...

Wenge's a nice, dark alternative to either. Very open grained, but I've got several strips here (offcuts from my local lumber yard) that I plan on using for neck lams and the like.

An ebony fretboard should do the trick, but contact a (smaller) supplier direct, see what they've got, and you should be able to do better than 20 bucks (considering you don't need the full width). Heck, my ebony boards only cost me about 13 for highest grade, although they're relatively green when I get them; I try not to use any ebony fingerboards I haven't had in stock for at least 2 years, wherever possible, unless I'm positive they were dried properly before sale. Ebony's a bit of a PITA when it comes to its propensity for shrinkage.

• 2 weeks later...