Pickup Suggestions - Hollow Body Tele

bigdguitars

i am making a guitar for me my brother its a Flame maple top. going to do a yellow stain.

Its been hollowed out, and I am going to do an fhole. just not sure what config I should put in.

How are the fender tele humbuckers? I never played with them and there is a couple of sets on fleabay.

I have yet to decide on a bridge, so its really all open.

Yup, my current progect is tele thinline-esque, and I'm using a "wintage split" those humbuckers you see on teles from like the 70s where theres 6 pole pieces like usually, but three are in one line, three in another. it's actually cause there's FOUR coils in there! (but each coil only covers 3 strings each...) and then they wire it to that the front left and back right are one coil, and the other two are the other coil, and voila, humbucker in a new coolw ay :D. Either way, that's what I'm putting in the bridge (along with a P90 in a humbucker box for the neck). You can get both from GFS pickups online all the time (called Vintage Split and Dream 90). Alot cheaper and shorter a wait than buying someone's that they took out of their tele on ebay (cause they do NOT sell them outside their guitars...)

Chris

:D Hi Derek,

Long time, no talk. I would strongly suggest (depending what sound you are after, which will be self-eveident as to my suggestions) that you go with Seymour Duncan PhatCat P90's, Harmonic Design Vintage Plus humbuckers, or Fender Custom Shop Nocasters. Any combo of the above will also sound great, with many tonal options and pleasures awaiting!

Peace,

Dave

i am making a guitar for me my brother its a Flame maple top.  going to do a yellow stain. 

Its been hollowed out, and I am going to do an fhole.  just not sure what config I should put in.

How are the fender tele humbuckers?  I never played with them and there is a couple of sets on fleabay.

I have yet to decide on a bridge, so its really all open.

oh yeah... if you wanna know what those "vintage split" buckers are like, of course you could go try out a tele with them... but for soemm reason they're hard to come by in stores, my guitar center has NEVER had one.... OR, go listen to a band called "motion city soundtrack". the guitarist there uses them in both his teles. One has bridge and neck with them, the other has just neck, and a single coil i the bridge. Hope that helps.

Chris