Cavity Dimensions

please help. i am stuck out in the country for a while, (long enough to have gotten so bored i decided to build my first guitar) and i am stuck. i need dimensions for the pickup cavities. i will be installing twin coil pickups also i would like to discuss truss rods with someone who actually knows about them. i will be available tomorrow to "chat" as i must give up possesion of the computer now. its like the problem the waltons must have with the bathroom. thanx in advance for any help................................................................keep slidin' , barefoot ed

If you do a search you will get all the information on the truss rod in here! For the actual pups dimension, go here and use this pic as a reference. You don't need to be exact as long as you stay in the pup ring. The first few guitars I did Imade all the templates, and it wasn't until last summer that I decided to buy the Stew template. I didn't needed it, bet wanted to have it!

Also on that site, there is a lot of information on the truss rod... Do your research, we will help you in all we can but don't expect to be hand feed.

If you do a search you will get all the information on the truss rod in here! For the actual pups dimension, go here and use this pic as a reference.  You don't need to be exact as long as you stay in the pup ring.  The first few guitars I did  Imade all the templates, and it wasn't until last summer that I decided to buy the Stew template.  I didn't needed it, bet wanted to have it!

Also on that site, there is a lot of information on the truss rod... Do your research, we will help you in all we can but don't expect to be hand feed.

If you do a search you will get all the information on the truss rod in here! For the actual pups dimension, go here and use this pic as a reference.  You don't need to be exact as long as you stay in the pup ring.  The first few guitars I did  Imade all the templates, and it wasn't until last summer that I decided to buy the Stew template.  I didn't needed it, bet wanted to have it!

my problem is this. i have no parts (pups or pup rings) to compare to.i will be ordering soon, but wnted to have the guitar ready for pup installation. also, as for the truss rod, my problem is this: i stupidly allowed someone to cut out the neck from the blank, and as a result, it wound up being an eighth of an inch too thin. (it cleaned up to just under five eighths of an inch). the gibson style truss rod is a single 3/16 rod with anchors at each end but being a virgin luthier wannabe, i dont know how deep the truss rod channel should be. i vaguely understand its intended function, as far as pushing and pulling the nut end of the neck up and down but i dont want to make the cut based on my opinion of "what should be."once more, thanx for your time and assistance.........................keep slidin'