Pre-slotted Nuts - Zero Radius

I haven't researched SUUUuuper thoroughly, but I haven't found one yet. I want one for a lap steel project. :D Sorry I'm not more help, I mostly just wanted to add my name to this thread so that it'd be easy to find/notice the answer if one comes along.

In the meantime, I've been seriously considering that I might have to slot my own. Have you seen any NON-slotted non-radiused blanks? In Ottawa, I've seen non-slotted, but not non-radiused. I've been considering using a mini-router and a jig to make a curved slot and then seating the radiused Graph-tech blank in upside-down.

I think even if it's pre-slotted, you'll still need to adjust the slots to the guitar itself.

I've actually done this...believe it or not...I borrowed a set of nut files and redid the slots to a tremnut. And it was pretty easy really. I just went really slowly and measured every couple of seconds or so...it takes a while to get through the tremnut material.

Actually, I'd made a mistake--I should have trimmed the bottom of the nut first, then I would have been able to fine tune the slots, instead of reshape them altogether. I realized this when it was too late :D

Ah well, the trem nut's slippery enough where that's not an issue...I'll know better next time!

If you have no luck finding a no radius, pre-slotted nut (which I haven't been able to find) I'd suggest warmoth. They have 3 types of flat nuts. - http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/part...ude_string_nuts

- I'm not sure if this is any help though. As for slotting it, I found a cheap set of diamond files ( $5 ) at Harbor Freight to slot one of my bone nuts. It worked just as well as regular files, but of course these aren't gauge specifac. So it takes a bit more work. Once again, I'm not sure if this is any help, but hopefully it will help someone.