Spraying Deft From The Quart Can?

vaxination

i have been doing searches on spraying deft (clear) from the quart and gallon cans thru a gun and i have noticed that some of you folks say you are doing just that. however, reading the label on the back of the can, it says do not spray or add thinner. hmm... what gives?

can those of you who have sprayed deft thru a gun tell us about your experiences?

Well I wrote them and the explanation that I was given was that the DEFT in the can has a retarder to sloww the drying time and that this will "some how" affect the spraying ability because it makes the paint too thick and to spray it propertly you will have to thin it. blah, blah, blah... but with s few good nitros on the market, why not get a beeter one! The only reason I use DEFT is because I have no spray equipment, if I had it will most definately be some kind like Mac Faddens

I have thinned it. it sprays ok, its not really that good for spraying, it does not stick all that well. If I sprayed in less than ideal conditions was results not that great.

I brush on all my lacquer now and then buy a bottle of deft for the end and thats my last coat.

Works ok so far.

thanks for all the replies. living in hawaii, my ability to find nitro is limited. however, there is a woodcraft here and they have behlens stringed instrument lacquer which i will probably use. i wanted to see what other alternatives i had. i have used deft out of a rattlecan before for other woodworking projects and it worked well. i have spray equipment now so i was wondering about the quart and gallon size. another thing about living in the islands is that i can't odered any of the stuff online because of air shipping restrictions on flammable items. anyway, i will probably go ahead and use the behlens stuff.