Floyd Rose On A Strat

I hate my stupid tremolo on my Strat, it's constantly going out of tune. I have heard that it isn't possible to put a Floyd Rose on a Strat. Is it?? And can it easily be done?? thanks for the info!

Hardly 'easy', it's totally possible to put a floyd on a strat. You may even be able to do so without routing the body but most often the body is recess routed and the headstock routed and drilled for the locking nut...soooo....it may be a show stopper for someone without experience (unless you want to risk trying it on your own) but certainly can be done.

one of the guitar teachers that works for me has a strat with a floyd rose..i'll ask him tomorrow about routing and post it here.

get either a graphite nut, or graphite lube, lube is easier/cheaper, i had an acoustic that had sticking problems in the nut and wouldnt tune right, i took off the strings, lubed the nut with the graphite stuff, tunes like a charm now

heres what i use, only 4 bucks. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gui...ries?sku=423700

I agree. I have stuff at work, called Neolube, which is just graphitar, desolved within alchohol. Great stuff. Anyway, I had tuning issues on my two strats. Bought a very fine detail paint brush, and appplied some of that stuff, and BINGO! Tuning is MUCH more stable, now. You can get the same/similar stuff at guitar stores, labelled corny names, like Nutlube, and whatnot. Give it a shot.

well, i completely forgot to take a look at the teacher's strat but i got to thinking about what you said in your original post..about a standard trem going out of tune..that's generally caused by too few springs on the trem or too little tension on the one's that are there. i never set up a strat without 4 springs and then check to see if i can lift the trem from the front with just finger pressure on the back edge of it...if i can i tighten up the tension until i can't and that usually eliminates tuning problems..just thought you might try it before you go to the trouble of adding a floyd rose..

I've asked the same question earlier about 2 weeks ago.

Link

I'm personally going for Floyd Rose (they're easier to get than Ibanez Edges)

And install locking tuners and put that measily $4 stuff on the nut.

I think it may be too difficult a task if you have NO experience with wood since you will have to route your strat.

I'm trying to finish mine before my reading week.. which is 2-3 weeks from now but I still dont have a tremolo unit... :D its the $$$

but arent they so sexiful... :D

Good Luck with yours.