Finishing Supplies In Australia?

aidlook

I'm currently building a guitar wich I soon will need to finish?

It's made of an oak "core" with ply top and back

here's a link to the progress thread.

My first build

I'm going to have to finish it with spraycans, so what type would be the best ones available in australia?

And also what type of sanding sealer/grainfiller should I use with paint from a spraycan? and does any aussies here know where I'd be able to find some?

the best way would be with wattyl spray estapol, its a one part poly doesnt come out too bad either. steer clear of plasticote, whiteknight or crazy clarks brand spray paint, cos these are all enamel and will not polish and will be sticky for eternity.

luke

:D

Does the wattyl come in a spraycan? I've heard not to spray enamel...but the problem is it seems to be the most common type of paint..

Any tips on where to find the wattyl paint?

Edited by aidlook

this stuff isnt enamel its 1 part poly, (i know cos i tested to see if it would wrinkle when i sprayed automotive acrylic over it, and it didnt), like this deft in a can, and minwax polly, correct me if im wrong but dont alot of people on here use those??well the estapol is the best sh!t i have found over here that comes out of a can.

luke

I'm going to have to finish it with spraycans, so what type would be the best ones available in australia?

And also what type of sanding sealer/grainfiller should I use with paint from a spraycan? and does any aussies here know where I'd be able to find some?

Try here: http://www.ubeaut.com.au/ubhome.htm

I am currently using the white shellac, hard shellac, water based dyes and timbermate filler. You can buy the little book - Polishers' Handbook - but it's not essential.

I am applying shellac with a brush and it's going quite well. Also the timbermate filler takes stain well which has really helped me in one instance.

Also on a Saga kit I used White Knight spray cans, coloured and clear and they worked well. Avaiable any hardware & paint store.

Regards

RobSm