Adjusting Ibanez Truss Rod

JohnA

I just wanted to bounce this idea around and get some opinons:

I've an Ibanez, and I need to adjust the neck. The truss cavity at the headstock is too small for my tools to fit in,so I had an idea to widen it with a Dremel. It should just get covered by the cover, right? Shouldn't weaken the neck either...

:D

I once ground down the outer wall of a socket wrench, so it would fit in a narrow cavity like that. Drilled a hole in one end of the socket and tapped a worn-out drill-bit in there for a handle. Worked just fine, and also looked like a little 'crack pipe'. And it's a hell of a lot better than removing material from the guitar. Funny thing was, just a few months later, the big music store had a clearance sale and I was able to buy a ready made T-rod wrench of the "same design" for $1.00

I once ground down the outer wall of a socket wrench, so it would fit in a narrow cavity like that. Drilled a hole in one end of the socket and tapped a worn-out drill-bit in there for a handle. Worked just fine, and also looked like a little 'crack pipe'. And it's a hell of a lot better than removing material from the guitar. Funny thing was, just a few months later, the big music store had a clearance sale and I was able to buy a ready made T-rod wrench of the "same design" for $1.00

a dollar??? You should have spent hours looking for an alternative, ive seen them MUCH cheaper than a dollar.