Components

chibi

Ok, time for me to explain my pain in the ass.

I've finaly figured out most of what i would need to know to make my own effect pedals. I even went as far as experimenting with my own PCB circuts. But heres the kicker. I live in canada, do get the parts i need to build my pedals, i have to order them from teh states or anywhere else. not that this is a problem, just i have to then pay a shipping currrancy exchange and what other bullshit they decide to bill me, and if somethings wrong it;s even more of a pain in the ass to have it corrected.

Sadly i just want to know if there is a GOOD canadian supplier that is VERY user friendly for electronic parts.

i guess i could of asked that from the begining but hell, it gave you something to read, how entertaining.

:D

I'm also in Canada, I just made an order with Mouser. https://www.mouser.com/

They allow shipping by USPS so there shouldn't be any problems at the border with that. UPS and FedEx kill you with fees, a $1 order can have a $45 brokerage fee on it, the post office only charges $5 for brokerage no matter what the value of the item. There might be some NAFTA issues since I doubt all the components I ordered where made in the US or Mexico but for small parts I'm not anticipating much of a cost if any. We'll see.

I'll let you know when it arrives if I get dinged for something but I doubt it, I use USPS for shipping from the states all the time, never had a problem before.

mouser was just a pain in the ass for me, like it has everything, but it was hard to know if i was ordering the right item, expecialy since i'm not 100% sure on all the details of what i need.

Allright i'll be blunt... i need parts for this effects pedal.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_thunderchief.pdf

I had ordered there PCB board from them for like 12 bucks.. not bad i figured... But i can;t seem to find myself getting the right parts.

Even mouser just has to many options for me to fallow...

If you can help me out then i'd be so damn grateful.

none taken... i've built alout of things before... i jsut never had to go buy my parts. I'm a machinist not an electrition, so this is just a try out hobbie. and yes it does, that was my point i made. but there are so many different damn type of them i'm not sure what is more suited for this pedal. Frankly it's a pain in the ass for me. And cut me some slack, i want to build this, i can do it because i;ve done harder things, just i have little clue on what parts i'm trying to buy.

that cascade surplus had everything more evenly sorted for me... and the pictures of the items helped too.

One thing though... i allready had all my resistors, but i need one more.. 1k 1/4 watt... they had everything but... the nearest one to it was a 1.2k 1/4 watt. i have no idea if thats a big differeance or not, so let me know.

I recently got into effect buildingwhile i was at home nursing a bandsaw accident (left pointer into blade) and ww.diystompboxes.com is a great place for info....i would say it is the effect equivalent of projectguitar.com. theyd be a gerat place to ask any of these questions.