Strat Heel Specs

Hi guys,

I am looking for the radius of the heel on a strat neck and the corner radius. I am CAD designing a custom 25" scale conversion neck for a Kramer body that uses strat neck pocket. I usually build my own neck pocket on my guitars but this is a special case.

I had always thought it was 7" with 1/4" corners. When I made a test template off it the 7" was too big.

I don't need pics or blueprints just the numbers would be great. I cannot find this ANYWHERE on the net and I know I have seen it before somewhere.

When I get it done I'll upload some CAD files of stuff for all to use.

Thanks much.

Hi guys,

I am looking for the radius of the heel on a strat neck and the corner radius. I am CAD designing a custom 25" scale conversion neck for a Kramer body that uses strat neck pocket. I usually build my own neck pocket on my guitars but this is a special case.

I had always thought it was 7" with 1/4" corners. When I made a test template off it the 7" was too big.

I don't need pics or blueprints just the numbers would be great. I cannot find this ANYWHERE on the net and I know I have seen it before somewhere.

When I get it done I'll upload some CAD files of stuff for all to use.

Thanks much.

I cannot believe after 37 views nobody has even made an effort to help out on a simple question. The answer after wasting plenty of time trying variations of radius is 4" heel radius with 1/4" radius corners. At least this is what seems to fit an assortment of Kramer bodies in the shop.

I cannot believe after 37 views nobody has even made an effort to help out on a simple question.

Well if it was me, and if I was smart enough to design a CNC whatchacallit, I think I'd be clever enough to just find a picture, blow it up to full size, and measure the damn thing for myself instead of getting all snippy.

Everyone is going to jump to assist you with an attitude like that. First off your topic name suggests that you are providing information. A question is usually followed by a question mark. Maybe that's why you had 37 views. Second, you post on the 12th and complain on the 14th? Are you kidding? Are you paying for a service or are you asking for help? Third, you are designing in CAD but didn't think to use a little known search engine called Google to find CAD files? They're out there. Type it in.

You state you wasted a lot of time but apparently someone else's time is less valuable. Good luck with your project and your attitude.