Singlecut Design

Yer, so my rokeors AT1 as some of you know have been getting many complaints as the horns aint lookin right. And to go with that, I realised that the design will not fit my hardcase specially for it. So therefore as a back-up plan, I wanted to convert my design into a singlecut. However, how?

i just wanted to know which are some of your favourite or unqiue singlecuts. IN fact, you don't have to like it. I just need a collection of differnt singlecuts thats all. THanks guys.

Hmmm

Well...the iceman always appealed to me and is more in line with what you were doing...the ravelle is like a paul/iceman really so I'm surprised you dont like it...checkout the GOTM for WesV version, very nice...

Otherwise, not my cup of tea but becoming popular down here :D is Maton's electric...

Maton electrics MS series

Ummm...les paul, telecaster...

Maybe have a go morphing some designs of your own...or something unique that goes with the neck you already have...

For other ideas...there's been a thread that links all the GOTM entries in the announcement's area, plenty of inspiration there for sure....

Otherwise, measure up the case to see what will fit. I think the problem with the horns is that many people don't like parkers horns anyway, even on a parker, but stuck on an iceman just seems to be a bit weird. As you are trying to do something different, the Icefly seemed an odd choice, as it has been done before.

If you are a paying member, you can find a lot of drawings in the advanced section and elsewhere on the net... good luck... pete

GodinLGSP90Gold.jpg

Godin LG SP90. I'm not real fond of the paint on this particular one, but the Godin LG's are on my short list of hot guitars.

Interestingly enough, I bought a Godin LG with P90's DESPITE its looks rather than because of them. It felt great, had great pickups, great worksmanship, and sounded fantastic. So I bought it.

After about a week, I was then in love with its shape, so it all worked out. :D

GOdins are pretty nice. The guy who built the icefly has other people like me using his design. ONe of which kept all except the parker horn and converted the top horn into a mockingbird horn. quite nice frankly, but can't find the picture.

S**t!!!The gretsch duo jet. The father of all filterons. lol. However, I need something unique to get past my design technology teacher. Too bad he is a guitarist or else I could have used an existing design. At the very beginning, I wanted to build a tele, but straight away my teacher knew what it was, so no.

But trying to design your own body is a nightmare if some of you know. French curves did not work neither. Argh, my fav singlecut besides the duo jet is the PRS singlcut.

I am 60% sure on using the bottom horn of a PRS. but the top round single cut is too universal....

Edit: found the 'icemocker' link.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ghradema/lolafugas/web_ic~1.jpg

Edited by rokeros

I can tell you like you 'godin SD', godin SD, by your username, Godin SD. lol.

I took a look at warrior guitars, boy are they amazing! Are they chrisitan or sumthing cos bands such as steven curtis chapman gets endorsments lol. they made an acoustic model for PRS lol. Its only 6,000-12,000 bucks. ITs spare change..haha..

http://www.warriorinstruments.com/warrior....=price_acoustic

Edited by rokeros

Discounts based on religious beliefs?

That just rubs me the wrong way on so many levels...

Thats not true.

David and Tom have been friends for a long time. David was the one that asked Tom to make the crowdster. Two guys being friends both in the guitars business kinda makes sense that they help each other out. the fact that there both christians has nothing to do with the fact that Tom made the crowdster and gave two to David.

Discounts based on religious beliefs?

That just rubs me the wrong way on so many levels...

Agreed. I suspect it's more a case of discounts to artists you like, which may include a dispoportionate number of X'tian acts if you're X'tian yourself, anything more overt than that would make me pretty uncomfortable, not to mention it would be open to abuse ("Hell yeah - I love Geebus, where's my 10%?!") and quite possibly illegal.