Hey! I Need Your Comments.

Hello.

Im a 16 years old guy from Adelaide. I want to build my first guitar. Im planning to build a JEM-like ( using the blueprint on jemsite, scaled again by myself ) or a K7-like one ( i dont have the plan for this one, you guys reckon i can use the JEM blue print for this one ?? )

Thanks in advance

Note: If anyone need the JEM blueprint (scaled again) you can post here, so i will upload it on the net.

Thanks for the replies, mate.

I personally dont like the front-routed design of jem777 ( i want to make a back-routed, is that possible ? ) . I dont like a pickguard on it , or a clear pickguard .

2nd thing i want to ask is how do i get the Ibanez parts from Ibanez ???

3rd thing is i want to have a set of dimarzio evo like on the JEM 7VWH. But i cant find the single coil one.

Thanks in advance for replying my noob questions.

Ibanez Parts

Although.. Unless you're financially set, I'd suggest eBay (Of course, you'll have to use someone else's credit card.. Probably your 'rents)

-IR

P.S. Don't forget to check the Ibanez Zero Resistance (ZR) Tremolo.

And if you didn't know about this site Jemsite

Has all the specs about JEM/JS/J-CustomPrestige, etc

And also these will help you.

So START READING! :D

thanks for your reply.

@redwhiteandthemaple: lol. i read a lot about building guitars. I just want to know how to do the back side routed like on the 7VWH ( i dont have the blue print of jem 7VWH, its seems like there are 2 kinds of Jem body, front and back routed ) i know JEMsite too. last time i saw one guy on this forum complain about the accuracy of that blueprint, and i made another one which looks better than more accurate.

@Thunderblitz: sorry to hear that, but i love RG/JEM lol

Its just that you see them everywhere. All I see and hear is Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez. Even if its custom built, it still a Ibanez body. But hey its your choice and taste I respect it.

Its just that I think you could make better than that, something that is rare or even something you designed yourself. There is so many Ibanez in the world, its not original anymore....

Hell what do I know, I shut myself up.

JEMs.. are rare.. relative to LPs!!!! Too many kids these days going for the "looks" but I did it too.. *glances at the LP* :D

Okie.. I'm not exactly sure how JEM was made, I never even touched one.. I know Toronto doesn't carry them unless you order it...

But I do know.. how drop-tops are done, which overall gives the same appearance: without pickguard

I'm gonna use LP as an example, but I think JEM might be close to using the same method.. (except JEMs don't have drop tops..)

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

LPs generally use mahogany and maple (quilted/flamed) on top

The top maple tends to be about 1/2" at most

But before these 2 are glued together

All the wire channels and pickup cavities are routed

Then the top is glued, then the cavity for pots are routed from the back, then they use the LONG shafted pots that go through the tiny holes you drilled on the top.

Kinda like this except this is DEEP neck set so ignore the long route for the neck

Not the best example, but take a look at what I mean by drop top

If you notice, the guy drilled the tiny holes I'm talking about and he has a huge cavity on the back

and the pots go through there, and you don't need that ugly pickguard thats always hiding those nice figures

I highly recommend you to do some search and/or go to "In Progress And Finished" section and wander around..

I love the JEM, but its too edgy to me, I like curvier guitars, like the aerofoil Satch model, Carved tops such as LP or PRS, Gib ES355, Kelly's an exception :D

i read a lot about building guitars

Apparently not enough, eh?? :D

Somebody else's building a JEM

Do the search! I'm not gonna do it for ya B)

peace out

-IR

Its just that you see them everywhere. All I see and hear is Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez. Even if its custom built, it still a Ibanez body. But hey its your choice and taste I respect it.

Its just that I think you could make better than that, something that is rare or even something you designed yourself. There is so many Ibanez in the world, its not original anymore....

Hell what do I know, I shut myself up.

:D Id say there are less ibanez's out there then there is cheap strat knockoffs :D

** Back on subject **

As many members probably know, im a huge fan of the JEM series from ibanez... regarding your pickup woes..

have a look around www.dimarzio.com , Evo(2)s are very good pups and so are the Breeds. For your single coil, something like a dimarzio HS-2 or HS-3 might suit your needs

Good luck with the build

~~ TS ~~