Shielding Paint?

Well, theoretically it shouldn't work as well as copper foil, but I've never had anything but good results with it. I only say that it shouldn't shield as well because if you test the resistance between any given distance of graphite paint versus the same distance of copper tape, the copper tape will have less resistance. Sometimes copper foil just isn't practical though. I'll stick with the paint until someone proves there's a noticable difference.

peace,

russ

I've used THIS. It's a little expensive but it's a lot more conductive than Stewmac's graphite paint. From one end of the control cavity to the other, I only measure a few ohms.

Nice link.. I think I'll buy some to try the next time when I run out of the Stew Mac. I'd like to at least try it out, but like I said, Stew Mac's has worked great for me though.

• 2 weeks later...

At Patrick Eggle Guitars we used Electrodag, a thick black paint which was excellent. Googling that product yielded the following result

ACHESON INDUSTRIES (EUROPE) LTD, (Process & Engineering Materials), Slough, Windsor Court, Petersfield Avenue, Slough, SL2 5DS, Tel: +44 (0)1753 501200, Fax: +44 (0)1753 879005, e-mail: paul.spackman@nstarch.com, ISO 9001:2000, Marketing Manager: Paul Spackman, UK Sales Manager: Tony Parry

:D

I was wondering about sheilding paint when i was sheilding my guitar... does anyone know of any way you could make your own? I'd imagine that you'd just have to get very very fine shards of metal and mix them with the paint (or melt it down somehow... dunno bout that...). It'd probably look pretty bad... but doesn't really have to look good 'cos it's in the control recess (i guess...)

Cya

Mitch

• 1 month later...