Locating Satin Chrome Hardware

Okay, so here's the deal: I really want to build this guitar, or at least this body (and use a neck from an ibanez rg I have lying around) this summer, and to me a pretty important part of the aesthetic would be using satin chrome hardware. I've located tuners like this with relative ease, but knobs and tuners have been tough. The only satin chrome bridge I've been able to locate is a Wilkinson trem, and I really want to use a strat-style string-thru hardtail.

If this is posted in the wrong place I apologize... but it didn't seem like this question quite fit in any specific category. If anyone knows anything, thanks.

Allparts makes some satin chrome bullet knobs and we actually have a pair in stock. What string spacing are you trying to achieve at the bridge? You might be able to take a chrome bridge and rough it up with some hi-grit paper or steel wool and get the finish you are seeking. I would do it on an old piece of chrome first before starting on a new bridge.

http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/item--Wilkin...remolo--PROD287

I have used this wilkinson. I know there are a few more out theres, and I know that Hipshot, either has or had a satin/polished hardtail.

Yeah, unfortunately I am aware of that unit...I'm pretty set on a string-thru hardtail. Is there any way I could theoretically use those saddles with another bridge assembly?

don't know if you've seen these. they make some beautiful looking bridges, and offer all of their range in many finishes including satin chrome. don't know how their pricing is, but from the look of the quality on their website, they might be spendy.

cheers

darren

don't know if you've seen these. they make some beautiful looking bridges, and offer all of their range in many finishes including satin chrome. don't know how their pricing is, but from the look of the quality on their website, they might be spendy.

cheers

darren

They're german, an yes, quite spendy.

http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/item--Wilkin...remolo--PROD287

I have used this wilkinson. I know there are a few more out theres, and I know that Hipshot, either has or had a satin/polished hardtail.

Yeah, unfortunately I am aware of that unit...I'm pretty set on a string-thru hardtail. Is there any way I could theoretically use those saddles with another bridge assembly?

Many modern saddles are painted or anodized and typically not chrome plated. So its the bridge base that will have the shine.

cheers

darren

Hmm... expensive or not, that just might be too slick-looking to not pass up. That fits the aesthetic I'm going for perfectly.

Thanks for the link!

Has anyone ever dealt with Yamaha to directly order parts? I know I've seen guitars of theirs with satin/polished chrome bridges but I can't find any information on this on their website.

I am using hipshot aluminum hardware (satin) for my current bass build, I believe they have the same available for guitars.

No Hipshot does not make aluminum guitar bridges.