swirl finish,lacquer,woods costs!

hi this is my first post

im going to make a full guitar out of scratch and i wannaknow eall the details in advance.what kinda paint do i use to swirl it with?(to float on water)

where can i buy it?and how much?

and same questions about lacquer.

one last thing. how much would it cost to buy enough wood for a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard with a piece of wenge in the middle of the fretboard?

how much for a mahogany body or alder or basswood what do you reccommend?

if you can hadle all of that at once please answer.

thanks alot.

ultraman

of the three body woods you mention i prefer alder.it is about 1/2 the cost of mahogany and about the samre as basswood but i believe the tone is way more crisp and clear.(alder is about $3 a bf vs about $8 for mahogany.)

maple costs about the same as mahogany.do you have a local hardwood store?they are your best bet for getting just what you want.

wenge is expensive but not overly so.but i believe the sawdust is toxic so you might oughtta wear a mask while working it.i wear a mask with all wood work as it really messes you up,even the benighn ones.

and i don't know jack about paint

hi this is my first post

im going to make a full guitar out of scratch and i wannaknow eall the details in advance.what kinda paint do i use to swirl it with?(to float on water)

where can i buy it?and how much?

and same questions about lacquer.

one last thing. how much would it cost to buy enough wood for a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard with a piece of wenge in the middle of the fretboard?

how much for a mahogany body or alder or basswood what do you reccommend?

if you can hadle all of that at once please answer.

thanks alot.

ultraman

Welcome to the forum :D

When it comes to the paint your going to need an oil based type, how much it's cost's and where you can get it depends on where you live. Most hardware or paint stores can give you what you need though for a good start.

Lacquer is a different story, if you want that chances are you will have to go to an automotive paint supply retailer and the cost varies depending again on your location and also the product.