Your Type Of Rock

Your type of rock  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please don't respond with "SENSES FAIL ISNT EMO! THEIR SECOND WAVE EMOPOPCOREMETAL!!!!!!!" because no one wants to hear that. Just pick the genre you listen to. lol. Some people dont listen to rock. If thats you, just post what you listen to in a reply.

Myself, I listen to hardcore. Some of my favs are norma jean, the chariot, underoath (old and new), and this runs through.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Napalm Death and Kreator the other night. It reminded me why I love the genre so much.

Oh yeah, and switch Taking Back Sunday and Senses Fail to emocore. Those bands are not emo by any means.

You should add in metalcore and switch Norma Jean and Zao to that. Probably Converge too. Original hardcore bands were basically a faster, louder, and angrier version of punk.

Oh yeah, and you're welcome for disregarding your first post. If you're going to have a discussion about genres then it's only fair to tell you where you're getting them wrong.

Edited by xtjdx

I saw Napalm Death and Kreator the other night. It reminded me why I love the genre so much.

Oh yeah, and switch Taking Back Sunday and Senses Fail to emocore. Those bands are not emo by any means.

You should add in metalcore and switch Norma Jean and Zao to that. Probably Converge too. Original hardcore bands were basically a faster, louder, and angrier version of punk.

Oh yeah, and you're welcome for disregarding your first post. If you're going to have a discussion about genres then it's only fair to tell you where you're getting them wrong.

Ughhh.. hope we don't go into that one again....

Looo looo la la la :D

:D Seriously, are most people's tastes that sub-sub-subgenre specific? In any given week, I'm likely to listen to anything from alt.country or traditional jazz to fusion or progressive rock/metal (a group of genres obviously not as important as debating the fine points of emodeathcore vs emodarkcore :D ).

BTW, these new subgenres are just a marketing tool for the record companies - debating who fits where is simply playing into their hands. B)

bah anyways I guess I listen to anything that aint rap or has punk roots

dunno I kinda have a 6th sense that I close whatever i'm listening to whenever i hear a chord progression that sounds like punk... Saves my brain a bit I guess :D

And about the emo/emocore debate... Who cares? and is it REALLY rock actually??

well... the only subsubgenres i put up there is punk and new wave punk, and emo and emocore. the punk thing... people do really get pissed off if you call greenday punk rock... just because everyone knows theyre no where close. the emo/emocore thing was more or less a joke from the underoath thread.

and the metals... i had to seperate the main types of metal because napalm death has nothing in common with scorpions.

i mainly was asking for your favorite or most recent highly listened to genres... like i listen to everything from jason mraz to zao. but my preference is hardcore, like norma jean, as i lay dying, this runs through, and the chariot.

I don't know which catagory to vote for...60's and 70's rock are pretty different from each other IMO. And I don't consider AC/DC(started mid 70's) or Scorpions(started early 70's) to be 80's hair bands, even though I like them both. Hell, Whitesnake are generally considered to be an 80's Hair Band, but I like their stuff from the 70's best. What catagory should I vote for if I mainly listen to anything by Ritchie Blackmore(Deep Purple & Rainbow), Micheal Schenker(UFO & MSG), Pat Travers, Gary Moore, Glen Hughes, Paul Rodgers, Ian Anderson(Jethro Tull), Black Sabbath, and Uriah Heep?? I guess these people are probably considered 70's Blues influenced Hard Rock(mostly English), but they all continue to make new music to this day. I also enjoy George Lynch, Eric Johnson, Satriani, Rush, and Mr. Big. I appreciate and like Tool, Offspring, Jet, Disturbed, and Audioslave. I love the feel of old Blues, although not so much the tone. There are also times when nothing will suffice but Mozart, Bach, Hyden, Vivaldi, Purcell, Telleman, or Paganini. Not a big fan of Country (but I like the attitude, and most of the politics in Country, with the exception of the Dixie Chicks...ignorant bitches) or Hip Hop, and I absolutely cannot stand Metal with vocals that sound like the singer just swallowed a dozen razor blades and chased them with a gallon of hydroflouric acid!!! :D

Edited by Stolysmaster