Your Type Of Rock

Your type of rock  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thrash is not dependant on speed or complexity...look at half of metallica's songs(pre-1990)they go from slow to fast and reasonably complex to simple as hell...but they were still labeled thrash metal(that new wave of british heavy metal crap was a misnomer...they were nothing like those guys.)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

im mostly into powermetal and deathmetal that origonated in the 80s so i put that.

but ill listen to anything as long as it has decent guitaring!

most of the time im listening to obscure powermetal and thrash..but ill also listen to pink floyd, and random acoustic solos.

Please don't respond with "SENSES FAIL ISNT EMO! THEIR SECOND WAVE EMOPOPCOREMETAL!!!!!!!" because no one wants to hear that. Just pick the genre you listen to. lol. Some people dont listen to rock. If thats you, just post what you listen to in a reply.

Myself, I listen to hardcore. Some of my favs are norma jean, the chariot, underoath (old and new), and this runs through.

you for got thrash metal!!!! thats the hardest and fastest metal!!! why? how could you!?

While I agree with the general sentiment that sub-classifications are for the birds, they have their use.

And on that point, I agree wholeheartedly that Rammstein ain't thrash. Not even close!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Where is the 'actual rock' option?

I'm into granite and felsite in a big way. I can cope with a bit of limestone occasionally but I think chalk sold out a long time ago. I also take alot of time to 'slate' slate its just to flakey yet it gets all the top jobs.