Import Strat 5 Way Pickup Selector Switch Wiring

vintage guitars

Does anybody know how to wire an import 5 way selector switch for strat. I'm in need of assistance in wiring one of these. My setup is a standard 3 pickups, 1 vol., 2 tones. I know how to wire the basic 5 way switch that has the 4 soldering lugs on opposites sides. But this import 5 way switch has 8 soldering lugs in a straight line. Each soldering lug is labeled as:

I am using an allparts YM-50 switch. Link : http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat...t_name=SWITCHES

Thanks,

Does anybody know how to wire an import 5 way selector switch for strat. I'm in need of assistance in wiring one of these. My setup is a standard 3 pickups, 1 vol., 2 tones. I know how to wire the basic 5 way switch that has the 4 soldering lugs on opposites sides. But this import 5 way switch has 8 soldering lugs in a straight line. Each soldering lug is labeled as:

I am using an allparts YM-50 switch. Link : http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat...t_name=SWITCHES

Thanks,

Thanks,

That's got two poles. You only need one. Connect the pickups to 1, 2, and 3 then the ouput is at the corresponding 0. The switch will automatically short the proper terminals in positions 2 and 5. I just pulled a very similar switch out of a Yamaha. Of course, it's always better to beep it out yourself than take my word for it. :D

What about the two wires that go to each Tone control? Like you see on regular Fender strat wiring.

Thanks

the rear numbers towards the back of the guitar if the switch was in place go to the tone pots; 3 for taking bridge to tone, 2 for mid and 1 for neck.

If you solder a jumper across 1 and 2 then take that to the 1st of the tone pots, then you can control neck and mid pups with that tone pot, leaving the second tone pot free to control the bridge pickup.