Awesome Fender Video Tour!

• 1 month later...

I saw nothing in that video that I feel is good..at all. No quality at all, just rush rush rush. No thanks..

Thats the "mood" I got from that video, the urge to go as fast as possible, putting no care in the instruments in order to gain that speed advantage. But you still got to admit, the tools where awesome

Call me old fashioned....but in a just under 7 minute soundtrack the only guitar playing happens between 5:12 and 5:34...the rest is just utter wank ! , Great vid though...im glad to see fender took so much care and attention to build any of their guitars that i own? ( NOT !)

If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong it looks like they used a machine to preslot the nut (4:05-4:10). If so that's very cool.. B) I'm sure it just gets them close, they probably have to slot them a bit deeper for good action.

Its fender, thats as close as it gets :D

Sadly, you might be right.. lol

Well, that's about right for assembly line production. Get it close enough to be useable and within manufacturing specifications. Doing it by hand is for the Custom Shop, your local setup guy/luthier, or yourself if you're a DIYer. :D

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

On being turned off by the assembly line nature of the building...

This is why I have no problems paying $250 for a year or two old Mexican Fender over a USA model any day of the week, and actually prefer the early to mid-90's Mexican Fenders to their US counterparts of the same timeframe. There's little difference in any aspect of how either plant's guitars are made. The base materials are (or at least were previously) the same. The only real difference is electronics, and I tend to replace those anyway. I've heard that the Mexican plant now completely makes the guitars from the ground up instead of assembling US made parts like they used to, and the machines doing it are identical to the ones in the US. I can't imagine the expertise, 'craftmanship,' or quality control are any better.

And Matt, thanks for sharing the video. I enjoyed it, even if some of it only confirms my previous beliefs on Fender's US guitars.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...