Les Paul "electronics Upgrade Kit"?

cunnins4

right, so i'm finally getting round to sticking a set of 57 classics in my epi les paul, but it was said to me in here to buy and electronics upgrade kit? Can anyone say how good these are?

My neck pickup sometimes goes a little quiet and a quick mess with the toggle switch usually sorts it out, so i figure that needs replacing. Also, the one i was looking at didn't include capacitors or an input jack. should i get them too?

My main question is, should i get it done pro in a music store, or just do it myself? i'm handy enough, but i don't think i'd be able to solder the lot together.

finally, when i'm ordering my pickups, do i need to specify neck/bridge? or is it a one fits all job?

thanks,

bouli

right, so i'm finally getting round to sticking a set of 57 classics in my epi les paul, but it was said to me in here to buy and electronics upgrade kit? Can anyone say how good these are?

My neck pickup sometimes goes a little quiet and a quick mess with the toggle switch usually sorts it out, so i figure that needs replacing. Also, the one i was looking at didn't include capacitors or an input jack. should i get them too?

My main question is, should i get it done pro in a music store, or just do it myself? i'm handy enough, but i don't think i'd be able to solder the lot together.

finally, when i'm ordering my pickups, do i need to specify neck/bridge? or is it a one fits all job?

thanks,

bouli

lp wiring is pretty easy. u can get a prewired wiring harness on ebay if your not up to the full task. considering guitar center would charge $160 for the job i would do it myself. if u do it yourself stewmac has all the parts. what electric kit were ya looking at?

adam

cool, cheers lads. I'll make a stab at it myself. Didn't consider ebay for the kit, but i'll take a look. Ah, stompboxes! i really wanna try building one! I'm studying engineering and i design circuits all the time, but i've no experience building a circuit! i'd say that'd be a nice project to take on! I'll give the les paul wiring a try first though!

Hope the guitar sounds as good as i think it will! although, i like the sound with the stock pickups anyways, so i'd say it'll be deadly!

thanks guys! :D